Security Installer Community

Pyronix Thing

tinnitus

I had to take over a system today and it was such a pain i have forgot the panel but I'm sure it was a pyronix, maybe a pentagon if such a thing exists. the rkp was rectangular long up and down. the panel has a keypad and the bottom right button has two arrows pointing up. to part set i think it was the two arrows button, a picture that looked like a fire escape image button then 0.

anyway, the bell trigger just latched on and nothing would stop it. i had no engineer code and my meter's battery was dead. i have never seen this panel before. is it possible to do a bell test with the user code that needs a few buttons to stop it? i could set/unset the thing with it still sounding.

i have wired it into the strobe trigger for now but obviously it wont cut off.

any ideas? remember i dint have a meter today. oh, i wired a SD2 dialer into the trigger that switched on and off as expected. its got to be something stupid.

cheers

i have just read this back and im thinking the sasu is fkd.

Cheapy domestic panel? Sounds like a Paragon Plus. I'll see if I have any manuals for it...

it is definately a cheapy domestic, wired in BT cable and those tiny little pyronix pir's. cant believe we touched it.

Guest Dave the alarm man
the rkp was rectangular long up and down

look like this?

EDIT: Please donot post these images in the Public Domain

I've got the engineer manuals for the Paragon Plus and Paragon 'E' if they're any use to you? Not got the users...

TBH i had both manuals on site and didnt see anything relevant, im pretty sure it was the paragon plus. i wasnt bothered today but i just thought about the cut off on the way home.

Guest anguscanplay

you powered the dialler from the bell hold off ?

could have blown the fuse , or its draining it down either way the panel IS a box of ............. if you part set it the " part set entry zones " chime until its been full set , hate the things even if all i call for is a battery i`ll try and kill it lol

Angus

it is definately a cheapy domestic, wired in BT cable and those tiny little pyronix pir's. cant believe we touched it.

needs rewiring then? how you gonna pass the service?

also, those paragon things should be smashed with a lump hammer on sight.

you powered the dialler from the bell hold off ?

could have blown the fuse , or its draining it down either way the panel IS a box of ............. if you part set it the " part set entry zones " chime until its been full set , hate the things even if all i call for is a battery i`ll try and kill it lol

Angus

i had the chime problem too. i used the bell triger to trip the dialler not power it. i thought i had blown it too but when i removed it the little L.E.D. lit up on the panel and it still triggered the dialer. i couldnt see any other outputs anyway.

thanks again.

Archived