Security Installer Community

Experienced Senior Engineer

Me and my mate did this just over a year ago both of us worked at a //.Large National Installer.// and both on grade 5. earning around 30k+ each.

Set up as a Ltd company and to date we have been snowed under with work.

We have another lad working for us full time and are looking for 1 maybe 2 more.

BUT and its a BIG BUT to make it work you will have to give 100% of your time to your new business.

It is very rewarding to land a some good contracts, but very stressfull keeping everyone happy 100% of the time.

PS i work around 90 hours a week installing, paper work ETC.

Go for it and good luck.

Me and my mate did this just over a year ago both of us worked at a //.Large National Installer.// and both on grade 5. earning around 30k+ each.

Set up as a Ltd company and to date we have been snowed under with work.

We have another lad working for us full time and are looking for 1 maybe 2 more.

BUT and its a BIG BUT to make it work you will have to give 100% of your time to your new business.

It is very rewarding to land a some good contracts, but very stressfull keeping everyone happy 100% of the time.

PS i work around 90 hours a week installing, paper work ETC.

Go for it and good luck.

you lightweight whistle! lol

be prepared for those times you've worked yourself to a standstill, your dinners in the dog, 5 mins from home an emergency call comes in due to some clown of an emergency plummer having burnt through your cable's and it's the far side of London to where you live.

it can be fraught at times, but if it works out there's nothing like it imo

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Some funny but true accounts posted here.

Me and my business partner have been going 4 years now, and let m tell you it has not been easy, we too left high paid respectable jobs, to endure 3 years of stress, maybe to the extent that he has had an heart op at the age of just turned 40, maybe stress related, im not sure, but it looks like he dont want the hassel anymore of working for yourself and wants out, even though we are now making good money

I was considering another partner, but now im just going to employ some one to take his place as said above our friendship has been really tested through out this 4 years, i wish you well, it can work out, but wont be easy, you need to MAKE it happen...

Good luck

• 9 months later...

To whom it may concern,

Hello my name is Jake and I'm with a Security company called Positive Protection. We are a Utah based Contractor for the following items

Card Access

CCTV

Telecommunications

Video and Sound

We have Technion's that have a lot on experience in the telecommunications devision, and the security devision.

Please let me know if your interested

Thanks

• 1 month later...
you just can't get the right staff these days :rolleyes:

hi hornet1982,

as someone who went solo from the off from a well paid position, and also having been offered various partnerships (which i turned down) over time, i can say you need to be very sure of whoever you team up with and they are rock solid, also you can put up with each other when times are rough.

in some ways partnerships are like a marriage, one will always be bitching at the other for what ever reason, so depends how mature you both are over resolving disagreements.

i'd honestly advise initially that only one of you go's S/E to test the water while the other stays employed for a period say 6 months. this is to keep some money coming into the partnership - you still have to eat. if you happen to crack big contract fair enough.

ignore or take my advice as you see fit, but best wishes for the venture in any case.

regs

alan

I agree totally agree here. I was in a well paid job in a managerial position within a national company. Decided to go solo and at the last minute teamed up with one of my old engineers/mate.

Bad decision, should've stayed solo, as I am now! (well kind of, I have one guy who works for me )

Be very sure

PS: I was the bitcher ;)

Archived