Security Installer Community

Veritas R8+, Zone Always In Fault

stanmilk

Hello,

I would like to expose you my veritas r8+ problem:

The problem appears suddenly, and before, all were in good health.

I have the zone number 3 which is always in fault. (it's a "guard" zone with two pir in series). I disconnected the loop with the pirs from it, and instead I puted a link directly in the panel (now, the loop is always closed). The led number 3 is always lighting when I set the system on. I had to put the zone in the "zone disable" suite and to put my loop in series with another loop in another zone.

I tried to reinit the panel with the default values, but same problem.

It's not a tamper fault (tamper light is off, tamper loop is a global loop, not an eol).

Does it mean that the panel need to be repaired ? :(

sorry for my poor english, I'm french...

hi stanmilk,

if as you say you have defaulted the panel completely (i.e. back to factory settings) it would seem the panel has developed a fault, but without an actual site visit by an engineer this is really conjecture.

either call an engineer or replace the panel if you are capable and competant

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi ,

The only reason I can see for your problem , is you could have added the zone to the Zone Invert suit instead of the zone disable suit .

You say you tried to innit , do you mean default , if not , then try a default.

Regards

• 1 month later...
Hello,

I would like to expose you my veritas r8+ problem:

The problem appears suddenly, and before, all were in good health.

I have the zone number 3 which is always in fault. (it's a "guard" zone with two pir in series). I disconnected the loop with the pirs from it, and instead I puted a link directly in the panel (now, the loop is always closed). The led number 3 is always lighting when I set the system on. I had to put the zone in the "zone disable" suite and to put my loop in series with another loop in another zone.

I tried to reinit the panel with the default values, but same problem.

It's not a tamper fault (tamper light is off, tamper loop is a global loop, not an eol).

Does it mean that the panel need to be repaired ? :(

sorry for my poor english, I'm french...

For anyone who sees this problem in the future i have seen it before and its always the same thing, people tighten up the terminals up to tight and break the solder joint from the terminal block to the PCB board.

You can repair easily by taking the board out and re-soldering the connection from the terminal block.

It usually doesn

For anyone who sees this problem in the future i have seen it before and its always the same thing, people tighten up the terminals up to tight and break the solder joint from the terminal block to the PCB board.

You can repair easily by taking the board out and re-soldering the connection from the terminal block.

It usually doesn

Archived