Security Installer Community

Ambitious Project:domotic System Including Alarm And Cctv.

Driller

Hello there everyone. I'm very hapy to have found this forum, there seems to be a lot of people here who know what they're talking about and who are happy to help enthusiastic newbies like me. I have a project which might be called amitious but with a lot of research and forethought I am convinced is really doable. At least I'm going to try.

I recently finished a massive restoration job on our house here in France. Whilst all the walls were open I pulled a whole bunch of cables: cat6 for computer network and PSTN, cat5E, coax and 4 core speaker cable for a Russound multiroom system, alarm, CCTV and external PIR cable etc

I have questions on all of this but am obviously going to stick to the CCTV part here. I plan to copy/paste the above to other sections of this forum before asking the question relevant to that section- unless this is unacceptable to forum admin. Please let me know. :)

The idea is to put 4 domes on the outside corners of the house + two for the inside and be able to both monitor what's going on outside if we here trouble and to record and see on the internet what's going on whilst we're away on holiday. I am lucky enough to be in a postion where I can spend pretty much what I like on gear (within reason) and I have a love of technology so am going to tackle this thing myself. I already have the network up and running (30 network ports available all around the house) if that can be an indication that I am not Walter Mitty!

I have done a lot of reasearch and have settled on a well know South Korean brand of DVR with 8 inputs and a 500gb harddrive. This I can link to the network and dial in from abroad to see what's happening. For the cameras I need to be able to see what is happening at night. I like the sound of day/night cameras and am put off by IR cameras (reliability, quality of image?). There is always ambiant light at night from some streetlamps in the area but I am unable to easily read a newspaper in this light-a test I read on another post on here. So my feeling is that I should place a dome on each corner of the house with a good quality external PIR (haven't decided yet which) and a 500w halogen with each. I feel this will give me the quality I need and with a good enough PIR limit needless triggering of the halogens.

So the next tedious question is bearing in mind the discription of the use above what would you think about this:

1/3", High res Colour/Mono Impact Dome, Colour Cut, 3.5 - 8.5mm Auto Iris varifocal Lens, 0.3 Lux, 520TVL 12Vdc, IP66 ?

The plan is then to link this in with the Russound master unit so that I can consult the CCTV system from any zone of the house (which means flat screens everywhere of course) by using the keypad in that zone.

For the internal domes obviously I'm not going to have halogens so to check that all my lovely flat screens have not been half inched while I'm on holiday, I'm going to need 2-4 internal domes with some sort of IR capability (I know I said I don't like it but I don't have a choice-if I check in whilst it's night time in Europe I need to see in the dark). So does the above exist but with IR and internal? None of the internal colour domes I'm looking at seem to have IR although the same company who makes the DVR I want to buy makes a SID45cp with their sens-up function. Details below and also discussion here [http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/index.php?showtopic=10571]

1/3" Super HAD Color CCD

Horizontal resolution of 530TV lines

Day&Night capablity

High sensitivity of 0.3Lux@ F1.2 0.002Lux@F1.2 (Sens-up)

Unique SSNR technology: noise reduction & disk saving

S/N 50dB, Privacy masking, Motion Detection

Built-In Fixed Lens (SID-45C: f=3.7mm /SID-46C: 8mm)

With the sens-up and no IR am I going to be able to see enough at night to make out the vague reassuring shape of a flat panel?

Ok so that's the CCTV questions for now. Thanks in advance for any discussion this can produce. Please note that this project is a bit of a personal passion and I'm ready to take a few falls before I get results. I can see that there is a lot of expertise on this site and I would humbly ask you to share a bit of it with me to answer these queries. But please don't take the high ground and tell me I'm crazy to do this on my own and that it will never work!

Thanks again and once again may I say how happy I am to take part in this community.

Driller

Archived