Security Installer Community

Smoking Ban

Well to be fair if it's my van, I own it and if I choose to smoke in it then surely that's up to me and nobody else, unless they want to by it and have me sitting in their van, sorry but if I own the van and choose to smoke in it then I won't be paying their fines, will be happy to tell whoever to get stuffed in court, I personally think the whole thing is stupid if you ask me.... even more stuip than me smoking...... what a complete joke. Funny thing is if everyone thought stuff the goverment and stoped smoking.... how much tax would they loose.....???? Cutting their own throat if you ask me! I never voted for this......

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Guest anguscanplay
Well to be fair if it's my van, I own it and if I choose to smoke in it then surely that's up to me and nobody else, unless they want to by it and have me sitting in their van, sorry but if I own the van and choose to smoke in it then I won't be paying their fines, will be happy to tell whoever to get stuffed in court, I personally think the whole thing is stupid if you ask me.... even more stuip than me smoking...... what a complete joke. Funny thing is if everyone thought stuff the goverment and stoped smoking.... how much tax would they loose.....???? Cutting their own throat if you ask me! I never voted for this......

yer its stupid but the difference between you and me is you have staff ( even if they smoke ), if the car carries employees at any time then its no smoking - the guys who think been one up in company vehicle means that they can smoke will be a lot poorer next month

Guest BellMan371

just think about the problem of passive smoking to other people who DONT smoke, surely its unfair to those people who do not smoke or even like smoking around them.

Guest anguscanplay
just think about the problem of passive smoking to other people who DONT smoke, surely its unfair to those people who do not smoke or even like smoking around them.

er at the risk of been booed off stage again , but youll see this more in the papers soon, even the guy who identified "passive smoking " , and that hasnt been proved yet says it presents very little risk - the drive to the gym will do your lungs more harm

er at the risk of been booed off stage again , but youll see this more in the papers soon, even the guy who identified "passive smoking " , and that hasnt been proved yet says it presents very little risk - the drive to the gym will do your lungs more harm

Don't go there angus.

No one has actually proved it is harmless. Scientifice evidence proves it is.

The bit about the gym was apt though

It has been quite interesting this guys but as I own my own company which is why I started the thread and I have a engineer that smokes in his van even after I have repeatly told him it is against company regs etc etc. The engineer is my best engineer on the company now with the shortage of staff in the industry how the hell are you going to go down the disipcipliny route on this subject. I know you could say he doesn't respect me etc but I can assure you he does and when I used to smoke hell yes I did it in a firms 'No Smoking Van' so I can't critisce. What I was wondering was if I display the signage and he chooses to ignore it do I get fined.

cheers

Flyingboy

It has been quite interesting this guys but as I own my own company which is why I started the thread and I have a engineer that smokes in his van even after I have repeatly told him it is against company regs etc etc. The engineer is my best engineer on the company now with the shortage of staff in the industry how the hell are you going to go down the disipcipliny route on this subject. I know you could say he doesn't respect me etc but I can assure you he does and when I used to smoke hell yes I did it in a firms 'No Smoking Van' so I can't critisce. What I was wondering was if I display the signage and he chooses to ignore it do I get fined.

cheers

Flyingboy

Read the link in Post #10, there's your answer, vehicle for his exclusive use, he can smoke, BUT, if it's YOUR van & YOU want No Smoking .................

I smoked for 30yrs+ before I gave up, drove company cars for 10yrs that were No Smoking vehicles, I did not do it, what's the problem, No Smoking area, don't smoke!

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Two recent proscutions up here in the Kingdom. Driver of company plumbers van and postman in wee red van.

I do not no the full law, but in view of the previous postings, it would appear that in both the above the vehicle would not be for sole use of the driver.

I am with the no smoking ban, having been a 50 a day chimney, however I would be more impressed if we could spend resources getting the nutters in control and this would create a better environment.

I await with baited breath for 1st July when the reality will sink in down south. Your social life will change for ever despite some simple common sense being available that could have made this ban more acceptible

Archived