Security Installer Community

Bell Boxes

Jay2006

Hi All I am looking for some help.

I have installed an ADE Accenta Gen 4 Pannel and It it is working great! However I bought this pannel as a package and along with it came 2 bellboxes. Both Bellboxes are in fully working order however I can only seem to get one to operate with the alarm at any one time. Is there anyway of connecting both boxes to the pannel so they work together?

Any information would be gratefully appreciated.

I have installed an ADE Accenta Gen 4 Pannel and It it is working great! However I bought this pannel as a package and along with it came 2 bellboxes. Both Bellboxes are in fully working order however I can only seem to get one to operate with the alarm at any one time. Is there anyway of connecting both boxes to the pannel so they work together?

Yes there is, but do you need to?

Most people have a "real" one at the front and a dummy at the back.

You might run into power supply difficulties. By that I mean the current drawn by two sirens and strobes might exceed the output of the panel's PSU. The other problem is the tamper. If you simply wire each tamper back to the panel in parallel then one will stop the other sending a tamper signal. On bell boxes my company made (before we sold it - they might be different now) you could use the negative tamper return from box 1 to supply the negative hold off to the second box and take that box's tamper return back to the panel. A tamper alarm on box 1 would drop out the negative hold off on box 2 and that would cause a tamper alarm to be sent to the panel. Bell trigger, positive hold off and strobe connections would be all in parallel. You really need to ask the panel and bell box makers for specific advice, though, and beware of the current overload. Hope that helps.

The big catch is the max. current that can be drawn from the panel (check the instructions and add up what is being drawn at the moment from all individual components e.g. PIR's etc.).

If you're really keen you could probably use a relay (energised by the existing siren supply) to switch the output of a separate mains to dc transformer to power the second bell box siren.

it should tell you in the bell box instructions, be sure to set the second[slave] bell box as SCB not SAB like the first one.

this will reduce the current draw taken from the control panel.

Guest anguscanplay
The big catch is the max. current that can be drawn from the panel (check the instructions and add up what is being drawn at the moment from all individual components e.g. PIR's etc.).

If you're really keen you could probably use a relay (energised by the existing siren supply) to switch the output of a separate mains to dc transformer to power the second bell box siren.

hmml unless youve got more scanners than rooms its pretty safe to assume your power supply will cope

or you could test the current draw with your multimeter and check the install manual for max current draw. :yes:

We have installed many accenta panels, each time we have added an extra bell we have always added a PSU.

Electrical specs for a well known industry standard bell:

Current Consumption

Stand by (alternate flashing) 65mA typical (+10mA for backup battery)

Strobe only 175mA typical

Siren only 230mA typical

Siren and strobe 480mA typical

SCB Mode 70mA typical

If you connect two bells they (one) must either be powered by an additional PSU or set to SCB mode where it will sound off battery.

Another consideration would be your standby time for the panel.

In the old days the rule of thumb was about 8 hours standby (there is a formula and more rules now)

The Accenta panel usually takes a 2.1AH battery therefore if your panel pulls about 260mA Quiescent and your battery is perfect you should get about 8 hours. If it is less than this you should be ok for a bit longer!

Most of our domestics pull around 208mA quiescent.

to give you an idea:

Accenta LED rkp 25mA

Acecnta Gen4 panel 45mA

7 x PIR @11mA = 77mA

bell 75mA

Total 222mA

thus if you add an extra bell in SAB configuration it takes you to 297mA (book values) thus if your battery was perfect at 2100mA you'd get around 7 hours standby or more realistically about 6 hours with a standard average battery after 1 year.

If you have a dialer or digi you'd be well over...

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Guest anguscanplay
or you could test the current draw with your multimeter and check the install manual for max current draw. :yes:

We have installed many accenta panels, each time we have added an extra bell we have always added a PSU.

In the old days the rule of thumb was about 8 hours standby (there is a formula and more rules now)

The Accenta panel usually takes a 2.1AH battery therefore if your panel pulls about 260mA Quiescent and your battery is perfect you should get about 8 hours. If it is less than this you should be ok for a bit longer!

Most of our domestics pull around 208mA quiescent.

to give you an idea:

Accenta LED rkp 25mA

Acecnta Gen4 panel 45mA

7 x PIR @11mA = 77mA

bell 75mA

Total 222mA

thus if you add an extra bell in SAB configuration it takes you to 297mA (book values) thus if your battery was perfect at 2100mA you'd get around 7 hours standby or more realistically about 6 hours with a standard average battery after 1 year.

If you have a dialer or digi you'd be well over...

well what do you know theres two ways to do this yours and ours crikey

knock 50ma of the bell hold current as well

Archived