Security Installer Community

Hows The Rain Being For You?

Hi All

As you have no doubt seen on the news the weather around hull and area has being rather bad

My symthathy in particular goes to the family of the 28 year old man who died in Hessle

The roads around me are extremely bad - i will need a company boat to get anywhere -

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

We lost power at 8 last night but its all up again today, we had a lucky escape with the water it came under the floor boards but only 2-3 inches, feel for those people flooded it's a nightmare being totally powerless against nature! never seen anything like this in my time! ( god i sound old). :(

i think everyone feels extreme sympathy especially those who are relatives or freinds to the 3 so far who lost their lives.

in Essesx it seems to have handled the rain fairly well, but i don't think we have had the same quantity of rain as the midlands.

where i live (wickford essex) got flooded in the 50', so they built a massive drainage culvert, my home is fairly high up a hill in comparrison to other parts, and one of the big reasons i chose it.

i think these days when choosing a home, the location regarding above sea level is now something to seriously concider, and may even ad value given current events.

i hope none of our members have been affected to seriously

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest BellMan371
i think everyone feels extreme sympathy especially those who are relatives or freinds to the 3 so far who lost their lives.

in Essesx it seems to have handled the rain fairly well, but i don't think we have had the same quantity of rain as the midlands.

where i live (wickford essex) got flooded in the 50', so they built a massive drainage culvert, my home is fairly high up a hill in comparrison to other parts, and one of the big reasons i chose it.

i think these days when choosing a home, the location regarding above sea level is now something to seriously concider, and may even ad value given current events.

i hope none of our members have been affected to seriously

regs

alan

im just rowing through the atlantic as i am writting this on my gps laptop :lol: :lol: :lol:

but seriously tho i hope there have not been any casulties and hope that any flooding has since gone or been drained off

im just rowing through the atlantic as i am writting this on my gps laptop :lol: :lol: :lol:

but seriously tho i hope there have not been any casulties and hope that any flooding has since gone or been drained off

I'm sure the homeless and bereaved appreciate your lack of sensitivity and total lack of awareness to the situation. :no:

I dropped off an install engineer at Hornsea and found the way in, had become inpassable. Hull Rd, Hornsea totally flooded out. I made my way back to Hull via Aldborough as Brandesburton was closed. I made it back to Hull eventually but had endured a 3 and a half hour round trip.

13.30, I set off for my first job. Hessle Rd to Castle Hill. That took 1 and a half hours and the client told me to come back another day. :S

15.00, I got a call to return to Hornsea for the engineer (who's my partner), as Hornsea was about to be closed off. From Castle Hill, Cottingham, I was forced through Beverley and Tickton in crawling traffic. Headed up to Beeford and turned off to Skipsea. The village of Atwick had a lake in the centre. Security controlling the traffic, I made it through and arrived at Hornsea at 17.30.

The return, I thought about going via Aldborough again but came to a 50mtr lake at Mappleton. I flashed the car at the opposite side of the flood and he set off. He never made it. He got 2/3rds across and conked out. Time running out, Pappleton blocked, Hull Rd blocked, and Brandesburton/Catwick blocked, I had to try and get out, the same way I came in. Again, crawling traffic, more cars abandoned, and the flood at Atwick higher still. I made it through and proceeded to Skipsea, then to Beeford and down to Skirlaugh. Traffic came to a standstill here. A giant lake covering the road, we were instructed one at a time, by police, to mount the LHS crub, and drive through Oystons garage forecourt, then out again. Leaving Skirlaugh to be confronted by an unmanned lake some 100mtrs long. We got home aroung 19.30. Tired and stressed.

I clocked up almost 200 miles doing that. Many roads, I'd drive down, find they were closed and have to drive back again. So closed roads were only found when I arrived at the flood causing the closure. So many wasted trips down roads only to be turned back.

Easing off today and I was pretty selective with my jobs. Got to Grimsby OK and back to Hull for jobs around there. Just long queueing traffic was the annoying thing today.

One thing that has annoyed me today though is that the council have been saying this flood was unavoidable. If any of you come from Hull, whilst driving around, especially around Gipsyville, check out the piles and piles of dead leaves in the road gutters. These are brown indicating they are from Autumn. I think something overlooked here is what appears to be an error of the councils to sweep the roads and clear the drains. It seems they couldn't be bothered last autumn.

ACE.gif

i received a photo from my niece today but i can't uplaoad it as there seems to be some problem with this site, but it shows the road outside her home, in the picture is a small bridge over a stream, normally you can look down some 15 feet to it, now the water is over the bridge. so far it's not invaded their home by some 2 feet - but thats so far.

they have just built this their house, i also helped with some of the work and installed their alarm, now they are waiting to see if it will be washed away.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived