Security Installer Community

Veritas8compact. Reprogramming?

xass2

Moved into a house with one of these fitted. Zones 1-7 used. All fine till i cut the cable for the panic alarm. Rejoined cable and insulated while otside bell box made a siren noise. Lasted 10 mins. Now no noise from panel. Still shows up active zones when code typed in but won't trigger off with movement. Tried to omit zone with panic alarm, but won't programme. Tried most stuff in manual. Would be grateful of any advice before paying the earth to call someone out

Rich

Wakefield

Guest anguscanplay
Moved into a house with one of these fitted. Zones 1-7 used. All fine till i cut the cable for the panic alarm. Rejoined cable and insulated while otside bell box made a siren noise. Lasted 10 mins. Now no noise from panel. Still shows up active zones when code typed in but won't trigger off with movement. Tried to omit zone with panic alarm, but won't programme. Tried most stuff in manual. Would be grateful of any advice before paying the earth to call someone out

Rich

Wakefield

sound to me like you blown a fuse

Press RESET?

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

unless it was the cable to the bell and not the panic button

More likely.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Panic buttons shouldnt be programmed to be omittable.Also panic buttons dont have a pos/neg connection.Are you sure it wasnt the bell cable you accidently cut i would re check you joint in the cable if you still cant sort the problem i would recommend you call the services of a local engineer yellow pages could be a good place to look for one.

pete .................

Any comments/opinions posted are my own and not that of my employers.

Guest anguscanplay
you still cant sort the problem i would recommend you call the services of a local engineer

recommend that anyway to ensure its been done correctly

recommend that anyway to ensure its been done correctly

Thanks all you guys for this help. I've called the engineers out, there's definitely a blown fuse, but i replaced it and it still won't reset. Rich

unless the installer was a naughty boy and connected the sab through the button, so when pressed in caused the sab to activate. wouldn't be the first time i've seen it done.

or he may have used spare cores off the bell for the panic.

Archived