Security Installer Community

Chimed Up!

wired

Hello all.

Just wonderin' if any of you can help me with my latest project - it's a Euronics CP8L system - everything is working, apart from chime. You see, I would like the system to chime when the front door opens. I have turned it on in the menu, to no avail. Any ideas folks? Oh yeah, one other question - I have an internal garage - what would you recommend to alarm the up and over door, connecting it to the CP8L brain?

Any advice appreciated!

cheers

wired

:hmm:

You have to enable the chime attribute for each individual zone you want to chime in the zone programming (I believe it's in the manual in the programming section).

It would be good practice to fit a contact to your garage door. You should use a heavy duty roller shutter contact as it will take some abuse, which a normal contact couldn't. They're also sealed against water ingress, something which is likely to happen on a garage door as it isn't totally sealed from the elements. Don't forget to order a 6 way junction box to terminate the connections into (all will become clear).

You may consider a dual technology movement sensor if your garage has any windows or is vulnerable from attack through the roof. These are specially made for harsh environments and if set up properly, they should not false alarm in your garage.

Trade Member

Thanks for the replies folks.

Still can't get it to work though, as I can't get into the installer set-up. The code must have been changed to begin with a "9" - as it's not resetting and I've powered down to a master reset. I've contacted the firm who installed it but they haven't got back to me. Seems a bit weird, not having the code for something that belongs to me, and is in my house... I'm a plumbing and heating engineer, and most of our boilers are electronic and have customizable menu systems - some with installer password protection, but this information is left with the user in the installation log book. The reason for having an installer and a user menu is so that the user cannot easily alter control settings, but if he wants to, i.e alter the set-back temperature of a heat emitter, he also HAS THE CHOICE. So, looks like I'm going to have to buy a new keypad! Doh!

:(

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks for the replies folks.

Still can't get it to work though, as I can't get into the installer set-up. The code must have been changed to begin with a "9" - as it's not resetting and I've powered down to a master reset. I've contacted the firm who installed it but they haven't got back to me. Seems a bit weird, not having the code for something that belongs to me, and is in my house... I'm a plumbing and heating engineer, and most of our boilers are electronic and have customizable menu systems - some with installer password protection, but this information is left with the user in the installation log book. The reason for having an installer and a user menu is so that the user cannot easily alter control settings, but if he wants to, i.e alter the set-back temperature of a heat emitter, he also HAS THE CHOICE. So, looks like I'm going to have to buy a new keypad! Doh!

:(

new control unit you mean - dont give up on the original installer code locking is there for a reason - you say its your house but how do we know that for example and if your customer screws up he gets a cold bath if one of ours screws up he gets burgled and nothing happens - its sa topic thats been done to death on this forum and others , use the search button above to read some of them but at the end of the day codes get locked it aint against the standards we have to work to , it aint illegal but it isnt justified if the original installer doesnt come and release the code against a signature autherising you to take responsibilty for the system

as said the chime needs to be enabled in the programming, as for the old argument about whether or not you should leave all information with the customer, well its being done to death on this forum, ? for you if a intruder wanted to break into your house, would he want to alter the central heating settings, or would information on how to disable your alarm be of more benefit.... :hmm:

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived