Security Installer Community

Gsm Based Security System

Hi, im new in this forum and i hope i'm not repeating any previous post.

I own an apartment that is far from my daily residence. I would like to have a security system that would do the following:

- in case of an ilegal apartment entry this system should record or transmit the surrounding sound for some time (lets say 2 minutes)

- i should be immediatily notified and if possible be able to listen to this audio

So I thought in using a GSM modem to do this. Some of these have a general purpose input that can be used by a sensor that checks if there was an entry in the apartment. If this is the case the modem should call me, i would answer and would be able to listen to what is going on there. Another advantage would be if i was suspicious of something i could call the gsm modem and be able to ear anything.

I know that are systems that do this (however with a lot of unnecessary features that cost a lot) but they are expensive. I probably only need the gsm modem, a microphone, an antenna, and the door sensor. Hopefully this modem is able to respond to SMS and is capable of doing phone calls to me when it realizes someone got in. I would like to avoid the use of PIC (to send AT commands) and other equipament... Does somebody knows if this is possible or if there are similar products in the markert without so many expensive extra-features??

Thanks!

Hi, im new in this forum and i hope i'm not repeating any previous post.

I own an apartment that is far from my daily residence. I would like to have a security system that would do the following:

- in case of an ilegal apartment entry this system should record or transmit the surrounding sound for some time (lets say 2 minutes)

- i should be immediatily notified and if possible be able to listen to this audio

So I thought in using a GSM modem to do this. Some of these have a general purpose input that can be used by a sensor that checks if there was an entry in the apartment. If this is the case the modem should call me, i would answer and would be able to listen to what is going on there. Another advantage would be if i was suspicious of something i could call the gsm modem and be able to ear anything.

I know that are systems that do this (however with a lot of unnecessary features that cost a lot) but they are expensive. I probably only need the gsm modem, a microphone, an antenna, and the door sensor. Hopefully this modem is able to respond to SMS and is capable of doing phone calls to me when it realizes someone got in. I would like to avoid the use of PIC (to send AT commands) and other equipament... Does somebody knows if this is possible or if there are similar products in the markert without so many expensive extra-features??

Thanks!

TSD2 speech dialler. cooper security

Well the first suggestion Visionic would force me to buy the Power Max if i wanted to use the gsm module. Power Max has a lot of stuff i don't need, so i can guess the price of it will be high.

On the other hand the cooper security has the SD3 which seems ok, but how can i buy it and how much is it? I can't find it in their website...

Thanks a lot

Remember with the listening in device do not have an internal sounder that is loud cos if you dial in then all you will hear is a siren especially if it is an apartment.

Why not just fit a speech dialler using the bell trigger when the alarm has activated. But please choose a good panel!

!

Archived