Security Installer Community

Texecom Questions

having used aritech, galaxy, and menvier..... i've noticed that all thier keypads suck visually for a domestic. my new house in particular

so i'm gonna choose a texecom satin chrome flush with prox with large screen... x2 (one up and one downstairs)

just wondering if you can assign specific zones to specific outputs? like the aritech cd range and galaxy link system ?

total newbie to the premier range and still have not had a dabble with one as 2nd fix will not be ready for a while wont be 1st fixing for atleast 4-6 weeks

Trade Member

for all you curious people out there i was wondering if i could have a external courtesy light on full set when it's dark using a panel from the premier range ?

many thanks

d.a.thomas

and what is the max battery size u can get into the panel ?

Trade Member

You can program outputs to mimic zones, you can program custom outputs to do combinations of things, eg. my alarm works off lock set, I have a daylight sensor connected to a zone, if that zone is active (ie dark) when the system is disarmed it activates an output for 30 seconds which turns on my hall light. By the same principle you could do the external light thing easy, you will need a daylight sensor though, I bought a kit from maplins.

The prem 24 will take a 7ah, the 48 and above takes a 17ah battery.

I mounted the daylight sensor indoors on top of 1 of my kitchen cupboards BTW.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Menvier M-range 600/800 very flexable and you can also have flush brass or chrome key pad we use times and out puts and RM3A to switch extenal lighting been very reliable.

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

Menvier M-range 600/800 very flexable and you can also have flush brass or chrome key pad we use times and out puts and RM3A to switch extenal lighting been very reliable.

tbh i've only seen pics of the menvier flush mounted rkp's online and they look terrible as do the galaxy ones

if you can get me a few pics of them installed maybe you could persuade me otherwise but the texecom stuff looks the bollox

Trade Member

Archived