Security Installer Community

Respect

peter7

I'm here again to respond to some of my critics on follow ups to my 1st e-mail to this site.

I have the greatest respect for the professional manner in which answers were given particularly by the likes of

ARFUR MO GOONER31 CHORLTON --- and others

What got me rattled was the response from Dave the alarm m....

QUOTE(Dave the alarm man @ May 29 2007, 02:38 PM)

I can't reset the air bag light on my car..................

user changes it to several minutes house get emptied before the alarm goes off whoops

might work on press * select zones required press *

QUOTE(peter7 @ May 29 2007, 03:20 PM)

Whats' with the ''AIR BAG LIGHT''? ....... It was an honest sensible question Re: Exit / Entry time re-setting !!!!!!!

QUOTE(Dave the alarm man @ May 29 2007, 03:34 PM)

I assume you did not like the honest sesible answer?

So get hold of the programming instructions & default to your requirements

I still haven't worked out where the 'Air Bag Light' came in, but do see the point of the burglary bit.

Just for the record..... I am an honest and trustworthy home owner ( 37 years ) who has been employed full time since leaving high school, never claiming benefit from the Government in any way shape or form. For this I don't want praise or plaudits all I wanted was help with a problem ( which according to poll votes = 70% in favour ) I couldn't resolve without the Engineers Manual or contacting the installer or A.N.Other.

This is posted as a new item as the original was LOCKED as some one requested it be done and it was obvious I was not going to get a solution to my problem without having to pay for something that I believe is the alarm owners right.

I will check this out with one of my colleagues in the Trading Standards Office ( YES .. I work for Local Government )

hi peter7,

thanks for the kind words,

this forum has a fair bit of banter, can come over as seeming rude to the non engineers (with all respect) amongst the members so please don't take it to heart.

if you bought you panel and installed yourself then you are responsible for the way it works, this system is existing and by an installer, who would have good if obscure reasons for setting it up the way he has done at the time.

we are aware that peoples needs change, but we are also reluctant to override what we assume was a professional installation, and possibly give bad help even with the best intent because we do not have all the facts.

the parameter in its self is easy enough to change, but the effect may also reduce your security for some un-forseen reason could even make us or your installer culpable. thats why these feature are denied you, not to deprive you of any rights or masonic band of protectionism.

he example of the air bag was a 'lay mans terms' way of demonstrating the problem we face in helping you

i trust you now understand more,

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest Cerberus NI
hi peter7,

this forum has a fair bit of banter, can come over as seeming rude to the non engineers (with all respect) amongst the members so please don't take it to heart.

if you bought you panel and installed yourself then you are responsible for the way it works, this system is existing and by an installer, who would have good if obscure reasons for setting it up the way he has done at the time.

we are aware that peoples needs change, but we are also reluctant to override what we assume was a professional installation, and possibly give bad help even with the best intent because we do not have all the facts.

the parameter in its self is easy enough to change, but the effect may also reduce your security for some un-forseen reason could even make us or your installer culpable. thats why these feature are denied you, not to deprive you of any rights or masonic band of protectionism.

he example of the air bag was a 'lay mans terms' way of demonstrating the problem we face in helping you

regs

alan

QFA

hi peter7,

regs

alan

I agree with athur mo and cerberus ni and just as a foot note we are a security industry and the clue is within the word SECURITY :rolleyes:

And angus is right us guys can argue amongest themselves for at least a week,mind you my EX used to be able to do that.

I think this topic has reached its conclusion

:closed:

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Archived