Security Installer Community

Accord Xpc

Guest Guest_Lee

Guest Guest_Lee

Hello there, i`m just inquiring as to wether the above mentioned alarm from ademco microtech is usable without the phone line connected as an unmonitored local alarm?

The alarm was fitted by //.National Installer.// and i have all the operations/Installations and user manuals, but it would save me no end of time if you guys could just say wether it is or isn`t possible.

I`ve tried a factory reset with * and # pressed, although i`m showing a tamper alarm and a PA which i assume is panic.

I haven`t dropped the mains power to the box in the shed yet, as i`m worried the bell will go off and having just moved in don`t want to upset neighbours just yet.

So can i do it? is it worth it? will dropping the power off the box set the bell off? After reapplying power will # * set to factory defaults? What kind of settings do i need to play with to disable monitoring and use it as a standard household alarm box??

Not to many questions lol, thanks for your help guys.

Lee

RAF Engineer (No not planes :rolleyes: )

Guest Guest

Sorry if any of the information as regards top level reset on the above box is considered sensitive, i can`t see how it can be as it`s readily available in pdf format on the manufacturers website.

cheers

Lee

Hi Lee

The short answer is yes it can be used bells only, however it may only be a dummy box on the outside with an internal SAB.

Why not post your general location and i am sure one of the guy's on here would be able to help.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Guest Guest Lee

cheers Steve

Siren is in place and battery backed up as i found out this morning when i pulled the box front cover, i have now got access to all the engineers menu`s so it`s just going to be a case of going through setting it up as i want it, thanks for your help though.

The bell did go off as expected, glad i waited till today to do it.

Archived