Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9930

skim

it is asking for a remote reset code.

systems which are monitored generate a random code, this code is then quoted to the alarm company along with an explanation of why the alarm activated, if the alarm company thinks it ok they then issue another code back to you that you enter.

If your system is not monitored I suggest you get in an engineer to reprogram your system and possibly service it at the same time

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I have a scantronic 9930 keypad system, and it is asking for a reset code, a code is being displayed, but is not being accepted when keyed in, please any suggestions.

this keypad is fitted to a phew scantronic alarm panel 9651 , 9752 etc

youre user code should reset the alarm , you usually have an amber light on the top left corner to tell you of any problem you can scroll through by pressing tick, when you enter youre code you get double beep and it will reset,

but if it is on engineer reset, usualy comes up call engineer???

this keypad is fitted to a phew scantronic alarm panel 9651 , 9752 etc

youre user code should reset the alarm , you usually have an amber light on the top left corner to tell you of any problem you can scroll through by pressing tick, when you enter youre code you get double beep and it will reset,

but if it is on engineer reset, usualy comes up call engineer???

cheers for the info, i do not have any amber light lit, i do have a red light lit (with a spanner symbol along side it) There is no call an engineer coming up on LCD display, what do you think ?

• 1 month later...

Archived