Security Installer Community

Domestic alarm night-time setup

Hello there. My home alarm has been programmed (by me) for a night-time option which disables the upstairs detectors and has the hallway detector as the timed entry route. When you come downstairs it beeps a warning as usual giving you time to turn off using the RKP in the hall in the usual way. Theres no extra RKP upstairs, though I could fit one relatively easily.

However, if one of the "children" (students usually away from home) comes home unexpectedly late at night the act of opening the front door triggers the alarm immediately. And if they're not entirely sober it can take them a while to punch the correct code in! The door has a standard surface contact; I guess a circuit linked to the lock for setting and unsetting could be better, but that's how it is.

Normal "house empty" setup is to have the front door Timed and the hallway Time Inhibited, which works fine.

Can I change the night-time program to allow both entry routes, by making both door and hallway Timed? Will this work OK or will the controller get confused? It's an ADE Accenta G3 controller.

Any advice welcome. Thanks.

No problem just program both zones as timed for your night set

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

like breff said its not a problem just program both zones as timed and you will be sorted.

pete

pete .................

Any comments/opinions posted are my own and not that of my employers.

Archived