Security Installer Community

Alarm Panel Help Re Commercial Premises

tt12

Hi all,

I work for a variety chain retailer, we have recently acquired a new store in the West Midlands Area, usually our usual contractor for Intruder alarms is //.Large National Installer.// however this premises has come with an Intial Shorrock Alarm System/ Panel (Aritech range?), this panel seems to 'forget' codes and Intial are claiming its user error and that the panel's fine. For example I log on with the master code, go to user codes and set up a code with disarm/arm properties, test code and the code works fine to arm/disarm. Later on I arm alarm, return to building try to disarm Panel with the same code that I set it with and it comes up Access Denied, try master code comes up Access Denied. Scenario 2) Set up master code and just leave one master code on panel, set alarm fine, disarm alarm fine and then set alarm again, leave building for 24hours return (no one has touched panel) try and disarm panel comes up Access Denied! Intial are contracted to maintain the panel but they say theres nothing wrong!!! Any ideas? or Should we just strip this system and get //.Large National Installer.// to install their panel?

Any help at all will be appericated!!! Has anyone got any experience with these panels? are they decent or not?

With regards

TT

Im not familiar with the aritech range, but I know on some panels a code can be locked to control timers or when certain outputs are active. Quite often a code may be locked during entry as the system is looking for a fob. Just a possibility.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Hiya, thank you for ur swift replies! The exact model number is not stated, the panel it self is branded Intial Shorrock, I have only found out that the panel is an Aritech by doing some research on the web, its got a tick and cross, numeric keypad and up and down arrows, display is a single lcd, three lights on panel, trouble alarm and power. When system is not active display reads System Disarmed, if I enter my code (providing the panel accepts it!) It displays Arm Menu.

Guest anguscanplay

if it isnt a tag issue what authority are you giving the new code and when you come back after 24 hours and theres access denied to the only code in the system how are you unsetting it

Hiya, its defintly not a tag issue. I've had to get Intial out to crash the panel each time the codes are forgotten by the panel, as we hold a maintaince contract they are responsible for maintainign it, Intial enginner has assigned 2 codes onto the system, one with disarm/arm attributes and one with full access. It doesnt seem to matter what the attributes assigned to codes are, it still forgets them! This issue has been ongoin for 2 weeks now, Intial just reset the panel and say its user error but only I use the panel and I know for a fact that the panel menus are not touched by anyone - premises is protected by cctv

Guest anguscanplay
sound like new panel time imo

fitted by someone who can diagnose faults and tell the customer staight by the sound of it

Re Panel Update: Thankyou all for your replies but we as a national retailer have decided to cut our losses and take out the Intial system and get our prefered panel galaxy fited by well known national supplier who does our other 310 stores, the reason we have taken this bold step is because yesterday our national security manager conducted a walk test and tested all sensors/motion detectors and panic buttons, it became apparant that the panic button on Till 2 - our main till was not connected to the system and never has been, Intial's response was the engineer must of forgot! Thank god an incident didnt occur and this problem was picked up sharply; but as a director responsible for our premises I cant put trust in a security company that cant diagonse faults or even realise panic alarms are not connected!!!! This is our first and last dealing with Intial Shorrock Alarms!!!

Thanks again for all ur help

tt

Archived