Security Installer Community

Texecom Output

hey guys.

i'm relativley new to the Texecom scene, although i have installed more than ten systems, and i have a query regarding a prem 24.

my customer has set up lights around his house and his electrician has installed a contacter switch next to the alarm panel so i can use an output to trigger the contacter.

i plan to use an output, or a 12voltDC relay if i'm stuck, to activate the lights via the contacter when the alarm activates. so i could programme an output for strobe or something?

but i want to put in a switch next to the keypad and use the output to trigger the same lights.

basicaly if he wants to activate the lights from his bedside, bearing in mind to run electrical cable is not an option, can i use a switch as a dry contact to pulse a neg. to the output which will trigger the same output programmed in the panel for the initial job.

also have in mind that there is no spare cables at the keypad so it has to be the output.

maybe i should have kept my mouth shut!! :hmm:

Guest anguscanplay
hey guys.

i'm relativley new to the Texecom scene, although i have installed more than ten systems, and i have a query regarding a prem 24.

my customer has set up lights around his house and his electrician has installed a contacter switch next to the alarm panel so i can use an output to trigger the contacter.

i plan to use an output, or a 12voltDC relay if i'm stuck, to activate the lights via the contacter when the alarm activates. so i could programme an output for strobe or something?

but i want to put in a switch next to the keypad and use the output to trigger the same lights.

basicaly if he wants to activate the lights from his bedside, bearing in mind to run electrical cable is not an option, can i use a switch as a dry contact to pulse a neg. to the output which will trigger the same output programmed in the panel for the initial job.

also have in mind that there is no spare cables at the keypad so it has to be the output.

maybe i should have kept my mouth shut!! :hmm:

at the risk of been a real bad idea does the panel have a panic facility built into the keypad if the answer is yes then that would be your output ie goes live in alarm and live in panic

run from the bell trigger - unless you have timed strobe - through a relay to the contactor

You could wire the switch into a keypad zone, map the zone to an unused zone and program as not used, program another output as zone mimic and wire both outputs together.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived