Security Installer Community

Optima Compact - Siren Problem

Hello Everyone,

I have the above system which is approx 9yrs old and in the last week or so the external siren has been going off on its own with no tamper/attack/power problems being highlighted at the control panel. The control panel seems perfectly normal and entering the code only sets the system and the siren stays on for twenty minutes then switches off. This has happened twice now once in the middle of the night! I did not install the system, but the guy who did unfortunately is not available to contact anymore, can someone offer any advice? I was thinking the battery backup in the siren may be the problem as it has never been changed but that is a stab in the dark!

Thanks in advance.

Scootz

a service will discover the extent of the problem.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest anguscanplay

hi scootz

im assuming you dont have a maintainance contract if the original installer is no longer contactable and if the system hasnt been checked since install then getting the system serviced is the place to start

its always my advise to get this checked by a competant alarm engineer as security systems are designed not to be end user servicable

ring two or three local firms - explain the problem and they should be able to give you an estimate of cost and its a good idea to take out a service contract for the following year too

dont delay too long as its not a problem thats likely to cure itself

angus

Hello Everyone,

I have the above system which is approx 9yrs old and in the last week or so the external siren has been going off on its own with no tamper/attack/power problems being highlighted at the control panel. The control panel seems perfectly normal and entering the code only sets the system and the siren stays on for twenty minutes then switches off. This has happened twice now once in the middle of the night! I did not install the system, but the guy who did unfortunately is not available to contact anymore, can someone offer any advice? I was thinking the battery backup in the siren may be the problem as it has never been changed but that is a stab in the dark!

Thanks in advance.

Scootz

hi scootz and welcome,

most likely, if the system has not been checked then the battery has failed, a small fluctuation in the mains supply can cause your problem, but it is not the only cause.

well worth getting in a competant engineer to check out your system properly, and advise you of the many items and advances that have occured over time or modifications to suit your current needs more closely.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi scootz and welcome,

most likely, if the system has not been checked then the battery has failed, a small fluctuation in the mains supply can cause your problem, but it is not the only cause.

well worth getting in a competant engineer to check out your system properly, and advise you of the many items and advances that have occured over time or modifications to suit your current needs more closely.

regs

alan

Thanks alan, waiting on engineer calling back,

cheers

scootz

Archived