Security Installer Community

Gardtec 800 Series - Help Me Sleep!

Can anyone help me please?

I have a Gardtec (840 I think) which has worked fine for the past 3 years. Yesterday at exactly 6pm, when I was in the flat, the alarm went off. I went to the LCD to turn it of and the display read: Fuse/Bat. FAULT !!! Check !!!. I turned it off and thought nothing more of it. However, the fecking thing keeps going off every hour on the hour - all last night - and I have to enter the code to turn it off.

I called a local company who told me to cut the wires in the internal sounder which I did but the LCD still sounds every hour and it's impossible to ignore.

I've been messing around with it for a few hours but can't get it to stop going off every hour. I've found the fuse and pulled it out - which seemed to do the trick - but then the outside bell went off and wouldn't stop, so I replaced the fuse.

The engineer from the company I called can't come out to fix it until tomorrow afternoon.

What can I do? I need to sleep tonight! I've been thinking about changing the fuse and/or battery myself.

Can anyone help me please?

I have a Gardtec (840 I think) which has worked fine for the past 3 years. Yesterday at exactly 6pm, when I was in the flat, the alarm went off. I went to the LCD to turn it of and the display read: Fuse/Bat. FAULT !!! Check !!!. I turned it off and thought nothing more of it. However, the fecking thing keeps going off every hour on the hour - all last night - and I have to enter the code to turn it off.

I called a local company who told me to cut the wires in the internal sounder which I did but the LCD still sounds every hour and it's impossible to ignore.

I've been messing around with it for a few hours but can't get it to stop going off every hour. I've found the fuse and pulled it out - which seemed to do the trick - but then the outside bell went off and wouldn't stop, so I replaced the fuse.

The engineer from the company I called can't come out to fix it until tomorrow afternoon.

What can I do? I need to sleep tonight! I've been thinking about changing the fuse and/or battery myself.

not a major fault just a flat standby battery, the system self tests the rechargeable battery every hour, and reports when it gets low. if you can part set your system overnight this will disable the function while set, and allow you to sleep.

depending on user level of the code you use either code + 1, (ie NNNN1) or NNNN, NO, 1. it will show you have selected part set 1 when armed.

i must say i'm astonnished any reputable alarm company advised you over the phone to cut the speaker wires. i assume them not knowing you from Adam, they could lay themselves wide open to being sued for loses by the systems/premmises owner (if this was not you), for loss of goods in a subsequent or assisting in an ongoing burgalry - you could have been an intruder.

i do strongly advise you get a more sensible local firm to replace the battery and service your system (so not the one you phoned), there is risk of lethal shock or being struck by a falling battery and being hurt, if buy a battery and attempt this work yourself, it involves openning the panel so something only competant person should do.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thank you arfur mo!

I've tried out part setting the system and it works. I will sleep tonight!

Yes, I thought it seemed a bit dodgy cutting wires but I was desperate and couldn't get the company that installed the system. I will contact the installers tomorrow and get them to repair instead of the guy who told me to cut the wire.

I did open the control box before I posted above for a look - and survived - but will take your advice and not do so again.

I've never used a website like this before but I must say it's excellent - thanks very much for your help.

Goodnight!

its always nice when a reply says thank you

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived