Security Installer Community

Chubb Bellbox

pollyx

I think its a liberty. They want me to buy a maintenance contract for 100 plus VAT.......BUT my system is not covered by that contract as its "too old" so I would have to pay 105 plus VAT for an engineer on top. I CANT have just the engineer. Its like I have to pay 117.50 just to be in the club! and then after the contract and call I am 250 out of pocket on a potentially old knackered system.

Anyway, after shopping around like suggested, tried a few local companies and have a whole new system being installed Saturday morning for 300 squids including first years maintenance.

No brainer me thinks.

100quid plus vat is about normal round here but its up to the alarm companys discretion if they will matain your existing panel, so they will try for an upgrade

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

I think its a liberty. They want me to buy a maintenance contract for 100 plus VAT.......BUT my system is not covered by that contract as its "too old" so I would have to pay 105 plus VAT for an engineer on top. I CANT have just the engineer. Its like I have to pay 117.50 just to be in the club! and then after the contract and call I am 250 out of pocket on a potentially old knackered system.

Anyway, after shopping around like suggested, tried a few local companies and have a whole new system being installed Saturday morning for 300 squids including first years maintenance.

No brainer me thinks.

its good when members of the public follow up their posts after getting advice, thanks pollyx

its good when members of the public follow up their posts after getting advice, thanks pollyx

No problems, thanks for the advice.

only downside is a got a damn parking ticket whilst at the alarm company agreeing the deal for 5 minutes!!!! :ranting:

No problems, thanks for the advice.

only downside is a got a damn parking ticket whilst at the alarm company agreeing the deal for 5 minutes!!!! :ranting:

hi pollyx

i'd complain bitterly and and see if they will knock it of the bill - only joking.

many thanks posting back as thats the only 'payment' we get out of posting our replie's.

while nobody want's to feel they have been ripped off, and great if you have got a bargain at the price your not being 'done'. please remmember though that what is initially cheapest is not always the best true cheapest option, so research that takeover company carefully. some charge an anual fee for the routine visit (preventive maintenance) and 24 hour stand by service, but that don't always cover the cost of the engineer should you need a service call, especially out of hours and after the 1st year.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived