Security Installer Community

Baxall

puma2000uk

HI guys,

I have a problem with some baxall equipment a zr4 mini and a ztx5 both units are brand new.

The problem I have is that the zr4 mini works through the test button but will not operate from the ztx5 transmitter no functions at all the picture on the monitor is perfect and I have even tried taking the ztx5 don to the zr4 mini with a short patch lead and it still will not work the pan tilt unit or the zoom lens of the camera I' thinking maybe I have forgotton or missed somthing maybe as some of the pages of the instuction book for the zr4 mini are missing?

Or is their somthing else I need to do to commision it before it will work?

Trevor.

HI guys,

I have a problem with some baxall equipment a zr4 mini and a ztx5 both units are brand new.

The problem I have is that the zr4 mini works through the test button but will not operate from the ztx5 transmitter no functions at all the picture on the monitor is perfect and I have even tried taking the ztx5 don to the zr4 mini with a short patch lead and it still will not work the pan tilt unit or the zoom lens of the camera I' thinking maybe I have forgotton or missed somthing maybe as some of the pages of the instuction book for the zr4 mini are missing?

Trevor.

i,m sure some of our cctv experts can come up with a solution but in the meantime here are manuals for the devices in question (which were available on the norbain site ,ie in public domain, so i think doesn't infringe the site rules re manuals - if it does please remove them mods ta paul)

8_Camera__2_Monitor_Switcher_and_Telemetry_Transmitter.pdf HBZRM_E.pdf

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

HI guys,

Trevor.

Thank you for your quick reply Paul,

I now have the missing pages of my manual the page about the self diagnostic led lights on the zr4 mini look interesting I will look at that later today and see what they will give away.

Hope fully this will lead me to the fault but I have a feeling i will be back! for help!!

Trevor

I now have the missing pages of my manual the page about the self diagnostic led lights on the zr4 mini look interesting I will look at that later today and see what they will give away.

Hope fully this will lead me to the fault but I have a feeling i will be back! for help!!

Trevor

hi puma,

don't know the unit, but given the makers known reliability it seems to me to be a device addressing error, when you swap camera's the unit should transmit the commands to that camera selected, sometimes called 'mapping' so have a look more closely at the parameters used.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Trevor

Thank you for your reply's so far guys!

I'ts been to wet here today to check the led's so I have been reading through the manuals I see the norm seems to be up to 300metre cable runs well this one is only about 30 metre from the controll panel (ZTX5) could it be to close maybe???

One other thing I have noticed reading through the manual a ZR4 mini is a ZR3 mini with a piggy back extra pcb above the main board so my next question is can the upper relay pcb be configered for 240v for the dennerd 2020 ir lamp while the lower board remains 24vac for ptz??

regards

Trevor..

Archived