Security Installer Community

Help - I've Drilled Through A Wire !

c4rtm4n

Hi

I've been doing a spot of DIY this afternoon and have accidentally drilled through a wire that leads to the zone that covers my garage door, shredding 5 of the cores but leaving one intact.

I have a Gardtec 360 that's about 10 years old & it's showing a 't' as it obviously thinks that it's been tampered with. When I try & set the alarm & remove the relevant zone it again comes up with the 't', the internal buzzer sounds & it won't set. Is there any way that I can perform some kind of reset so that I can part set my system until I get an engineer out to replace the wire (there's not enough give to pull the wire through & reconnect all of the cores myself. I don't know the engineer code (it's not the default) but obviously know the master code.

Any help would be appreciated as I really don't want to leave the house unprotected & given that I'm doing more work on the wall around where the wires go I'd like to get it finished before having someone come out in a couple of weeks time - I'd hate for the same thing to happen again.

Thanks

Steve

Thanks camerabloke

The log on the alarm shows zone 7 which is the garage - could this still mean that it's the tamper circuit rather than the zone itself?

Is there any way that I can remove zone 7 by say disconnecting the wires to it in the control box as I'd really just prefer to patch things up temporarily until I'm finished my work as I'm running a whole load of cables inside the wall where the keypad & internal sounder are & the risk of this happening again is 'above average' I guess.

Nice avatar !

Steve

what area of the north east are you

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived