Security Installer Community

DM Digital Sprite Storage

BUSTER

Got a site (nightclub) that we installed a 16 cam 320 gb Digital Sprite. Police have now informed the manager that they require a recording rate of at least 15 frames per second for one month minimum. Can anyone recommend a raid device with approx 1 terabyte of storage that will work with this unit. DM have launched one but it is far to expensive

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Not sure about the raid device but one solution could be to split the cameras onto another DM sprite or maybe 4 of them to get the required frame rate. You will need to work out how many cameras per Sprite.

Other units i could suggest are Dallmier, speak to someone at Norbain.

Possibly Tommohawk is a solution, i think that has the storage capacity, thats made by a company in manchester called Quick Solutions, I would give you the link to their web site but im not allowed to post links!

Well the only two solutions i can think of now would be

1. Talk to DM, they are the best experts regarding theyre own kit, (bit obvious i know).

2. If you add a yamaha CD writer they can back up the hard drive daily/weekly whatever it takes, this would enable you to record at 15fps or better!

Actually ive just tried the DM web site and im sure you find a solution there.

Archived