Security Installer Community

Word of Warning

Guest Jimbob

Guest Jimbob

Today I started to install a system in a ex Council House :rolleyes: (Still Not Finished It!)

Sub didnt want any cables showing, no problem I said, so under the floor boards they all went :rolleyes:

Kitchen PIR was a bit of a pain as it came up under the emersion heater cupboard :(

So me being me shoved my hand under the floorboards to reach the 6core I had shoved up from below :blink:

NEXT THING *&^%$£ BANG!! :blink: .................and Im of to Hospital :ph34r:

Turns out some kind person had taken a feed of the ring main with a 30amp junction and hadnt put the cover on and I caught my hand on the terminals

Left hand now hand Blackened bruised and a few splinters

Moral to this story.....Dont shove your arm under the floor boards (or any where else that matters ) without looking first!

And to the staff of Manchester Royal Casualty Dept ......Thankyou

Close call mate, could have been a dead un............!!

Hope your gonna be ok.

Just wondering if were insured by our companies for this sort of thing..?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest RICHL

Thats gotta hurt!

I always check with a hand mirror and torch first if I can, but even then its tricky to spot a bit of "spirited" electrical work.

Take them to the cleaners mate. Same thing hapend to me in my mums council house after they did a rewire all storage heater cables still live under floor boards and new mains smoke detectors copper was showing about 4 inches in the roof. I got a belt of the storage supply luckily no damage just the horible metal taste in the mouth LOL no serousley I found out the person that did the work was an odd job man for that organistation who didnt eiven hold any certificates in electrical work. After complaining to the council about this fire risk some one was round that day to rectifey all problems. The moral of the storey is they get away with to much I think its time we had them by the goolies.

ouch must of hurt dodgy council workers. we had two council workmen round my place the other day not a bad job they done. but the next day i found a syringe behind the toilet needless to say i went through the roof my kids could of got hold of that. turns out the council have sacked them now they were supposedly taken on from an agency who didnt disclose they were ex junkies obviously not ex junkies at all my missus is taking it all the way.

pete :angry:

pete .................

Any comments/opinions posted are my own and not that of my employers.

Archived