Security Installer Community

Gardtec 800 Problem

Hi,

I have the Gardtec 800 system fitted, yesterday i opened the Garage door not the alarm won't set. I get a Zone message appear on the Control Panel as soon as i try to set the alarm, at the side of the zone number is '12h', i have checked the floor sensor is making contact with the door, all is as normal, does anyone know what 12h means is it a fault code etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Rgs Pete

In simple terms 12h is basically a zone that is only on when the system is set.

I take it your zone list does identify the zone as being the garage?

Have you checked both parts of the device the bit on the floor and the bit on the door itself?

What has changed since you last set the system?

try omitting the zone that is causing the problem, if this cures the problem and allows the alarm to be set, then it is that zone which is causing the problem and needs to be investigating.

what sort of detection device is on this circuit ( pir, roller shutter door contact, little white door contact)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Hi,

I have the Gardtec 800 system fitted, yesterday i opened the Garage door not the alarm won't set. I get a Zone message appear on the Control Panel as soon as i try to set the alarm, at the side of the zone number is '12h', i have checked the floor sensor is making contact with the door, all is as normal, does anyone know what 12h means is it a fault code etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Rgs Pete

hi peter,

the contact is magnetic so don't actually have to touch each other. a couple of 'popular' faults are if the contact lies in water during rain or washing the car then eventually it will seep in and corrode the internal reed parts, they are water resistant not water proof. or you might find the side to side slack on the door has meant the alignment is out, so try pushing the shutter over to either side and testing, some doors have over an inch of movement if the contact was a bit off when installed then you can exceed it tolerances .

you could try removing the magnet off the door and placing directly onto the contact, if it then works its an alignment problem

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived