Security Installer Community

Pyronix Config (comm Line) Problem

awebb

I have a Pyronix Atlas 8 Plus LCD alarm which came with the house. I have a user and installation manula, but it was badly configured in terms of zones, so I had to reset the NVRAM to reset the engineers password.

I've got it more or less working, but the panel continuously shows a FAULT - COMM LINE FAIL.

There is a setting under Function 23 called "No alarm on line fail" I'm not sure if that mutes the siren, or if it mutes line fail messages. Toggled on or off it makes no difference. I've messed with it for 4 hours and cannot figure out the problem.

Of course there is no phone line connected to the box, but there hasn't been for 7 years and until I reset it, it never showed this message.

I'm wondering if there is an unpublished (i.e not in the user or installation manuals) setting I need to use??

Any help gratefully received. *******************this site does not supply engineer manuals

Thx

Please read the forum rules and do not edit out moderator comments from your posts.

Trying to circumvent these forums rules will only result in you being banned from the forums.

Guest anguscanplay
I have a Pyronix Atlas 8 Plus LCD alarm which came with the house. I have a user and installation manula, but it was badly configured in terms of zones, so I had to reset the NVRAM to reset the engineers password.

I've got it more or less working, but the panel continuously shows a FAULT - COMM LINE FAIL.

There is a setting under Function 23 called "No alarm on line fail" I'm not sure if that mutes the siren, or if it mutes line fail messages. Toggled on or off it makes no difference. I've messed with it for 4 hours and cannot figure out the problem.

Of course there is no phone line connected to the box, but there hasn't been for 7 years and until I reset it, it never showed this message.

I'm wondering if there is an unpublished (i.e not in the user or installation manuals) setting I need to use??

Any help gratefully received. *******************this site does not supply engineer manuals

Thx

it will be there somewhere but under forum rules we cannot give you that information

it will be there somewhere but under forum rules we cannot give you that information

Thank you Anguscanplay. Perhaps you could email the information to ******. I'm sure how you chose to use your email could not be agaisnt the rules of this forum surely?

Deleting moderators posts only diminishes your sense of self importance Alarmguard. Get a life. If you ban me you have one less member. Thats loss of the intellectual value to your forum, and no loss me. I clearly cannot get the answer to my simple question here.

I'll get clearance from MI6 and SO19 and call Pyronix on Monday if Anguscanplay cannot help me. I'm siure they will help me, they even sent me the installation manual without having to sign an NDA.

Some internet forums are a source of useful information. This one clearly isn't

I'll shut the door.

you only joined the forum today so i cannot see you will be any loss. the reason we cant give out the information you require is because certain manufacturers have asked we dont do this and legal action can be taken against this forum if it happens. if your that interlectual you wouldnt need to ask the question would you but as you said get your clearance from MI6 or whoever you want.SO19 is the met police firearms unit so why you would need to consult them is beyond me hardly a top secret intelligence unit are they.

pete

pete .................

Any comments/opinions posted are my own and not that of my employers.

Thank you Anguscanplay. Perhaps you could email the information to *****. I'm sure how you chose to use your email could not be agaisnt the rules of this forum surely?

Deleting moderators posts only diminishes your sense of self importance Alarmguard. Get a life. If you ban me you have one less member. Thats loss of the intellectual value to your forum, and no loss me. I clearly cannot get the answer to my simple question here.

I'll get clearance from MI6 and SO19 and call Pyronix on Monday if Anguscanplay cannot help me. I'm siure they will help me, they even sent me the installation manual without having to sign an NDA.

I'll shut the door.

There is no need for the abrasive attitude because you have not recieved the answer to your predicament. The forum rules are there for everyone to abide by, if you cannot then yes the forum is better off with out you.

You have not been banned but all your posts are now on moderator pre approval now.

Guest anguscanplay
Thank you Anguscanplay. Perhaps you could email the information to ******. I'm sure how you chose to use your email could not be agaisnt the rules of this forum surely?

I'll shut the door.

i think you have missed the point its in the manual somewhere if you cant find it i aint going to go against the forum rules and tell you

the manafacturers dont expect us to just know these things

this forum is a usefull source of information but we have to protect against giving out info that may be of use to someone with a dishonest intention

if you are trade get vetted and share your intellectual value if not then i am afraid my answer would be the same as before

angus

I'll shut the door.

You refer to the wrong person.

One less member??? and your contribution is...????

Loss of intellectual value? I thought it was you asking for advice here not giving it. And it clearly is your loss because we can't give you the answer you want.

And if you get an answer from Pyronix on Monday, i'll be impressed.

Bottom line is, fair answers were given explaining why the info could not be passed on yet you get the hump because it wasn't what you wanted. The manufacturer can give the information freely if they wish, but that is their perogative and no one else's.

they sent you the install manual to an obsolete panel thats about as much use as a chocolate fire guard reckon they were glad to get it off the shelf

pete

pete .................

Any comments/opinions posted are my own and not that of my employers.

Archived