Security Installer Community

Optima Xm - Forced To Omit Zones

murkwood

Hi

When I moved into my new house it had an Optima XM fitted, with (as far as I can tell) 3 sensors.

However when I enter the code to set the alarm, zones 2 & 3 (which I think correspond to wall mounted movement sensors) start flashing, and the alarm will go off.

So I'm having to omit zones 2 & 3 every time i set the alarm.. which is less than ideal :(

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should be doing?

assuming zone one is a door contact , it sounds like either there is something moving in front of both of the detectors (unlikely at the same time) or a 12 volt aux fuse is blown inside the panel. which i suggest you get an engineer to look at as it wont have blown for no reason :gimme:

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

Hi ,

You could have a power supply problem (do the detectors light up when they detect movement?) .By omitting 2 zones , you could be left with just a door contact as the only trigger.

Do a walk test , and if its only the powered detectors , then that narrows the fault down a bit.

Regards.

Hi ,

You could have a power supply problem (do the detectors light up when they detect movement?).

Do a walk test , and if its only the powered detectors , then that narrows the fault down a bit.

Regards.

No the detectors don't light up when I move in front of them. I can't recall ever seeing them light.

What does that narrow it down to? Anything I can do myself, or time to call in an engineer?

Hi

When I moved into my new house it had an Optima XM fitted, with (as far as I can tell) 3 sensors.

However when I enter the code to set the alarm, zones 2 & 3 (which I think correspond to wall mounted movement sensors) start flashing, and the alarm will go off.

So I'm having to omit zones 2 & 3 every time i set the alarm.. which is less than ideal :(

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should be doing?

How old is the system, I appreciate you say new house, but do you mean new to you or new build?

How old is the system, I appreciate you say new house, but do you mean new to you or new build?

The house is ancient, not sure about the system, I suspect maybe 2-3 years old. The previous owners did the house up and I think the alarm was probably put in by them.

We don't speak tho :P so I can't ask them

In that case the system may also need a battery and the panel checking for signs of damage, so as you have already been advised an engineer is the best course fo action, get it serviced at the same time better value for money that way.

Archived