Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9452

Guest Mark Jordan

Guest Mark Jordan

*Also posted on alarmsbc.com*

I arrived home tonight to find that my internal sounder had been going for approximately 6 hours (according to my neighbours). Nothing has been touched whilst I was at work, the tamper, Fault and service lights are flashing. At 23:30 I decided to disconnect the internal sounder (to at least give my headache a rest). I inherited this system from the previous occupants 6 years ago and the battery has never been changed (that I know of). I think it is the internal battery that is at fault. Am I on the right track?

As a maintenance engineer, an installation manual would have been handy, anyone help me out? If not, then at least give me a yay or nay to the battery.

Thanks,

Mark

A faulty battery does cause a tamper on these systems, open the panel, the system will go into tamper, put your code in to silence.

Change battery, close panel, enter your code again.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

A battery fault will cause the problem

The main problem with this panel is that until the battery is replaced the fault will re-occur at ever increasing periods

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Archived