Security Installer Community

Vcl Dome (not Again!)

tone

Hi all

This is my first post - and a question: I have acquired a fairly old VCL dome (date code 0285). Obvious markings are the numbers VC430V4 printed on the larger of the two circuit boards & VC431 on the smaller board. There are no DIP switches but there is a slide switch on the camera module circuit board marked INT-OFF-EXT. A ferrite transformer on the larger circuit board is labelled COAX/LL.

More important than identifying the type is the need to identify the wiring to the dome: the dome module itself has male DIN? connector; this plugs into a female that is concentric with an alloy tube that attaches to the module via a bayonet. The other end of the alloy tube has a female DIN socket. The dome came with a plug to fit this that has the following wires attached:

- a slim coax (obviously video & perhaps data)

- five single wires: red, black, blue, yellow and green

If you can help I need to identify the wires (especially those that supply power), the power supply voltage, and whether it's an AC or DC supply.

This is for hobby use / curiosity only.

Thanks in advance.

The VC430VA board is fitted in the VCL Orbiter Microsphere.

It should have 2 dil switches on the board 1x8 way and 1x4 way.

8 way plug:

1 = 24VAC Green

2 = 24VAC Red

3 = Data + Blue

4 = Data - Yellow

5 = Video GND Coax Screen

6 = Video Signal Coax Core

7 = Not Used

8 = Not Used

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Hi,

High resolution pictures of the PCB please :)

uski

Thanks for the response: pics attached. I found a 4-way dip switch hiding under a heatsink & there's a place for an 8-way that's never been fitted.

Tony

post-12190-1175762109_thumb.jpg

post-12190-1175762141_thumb.jpg

post-12190-1175762169_thumb.jpg

The VC430VA board is fitted in the VCL Orbiter Microsphere.

It should have 2 dil switches on the board 1x8 way and 1x4 way.

8 way plug:

1 = 24VAC Green

2 = 24VAC Red

3 = Data + Blue

4 = Data - Yellow

5 = Video GND Coax Screen

6 = Video Signal Coax Core

7 = Not Used

8 = Not Used

Briiliant - thanks!! There's also a black wire - data ground possibly - that I can identify easily now I have the rest.

I know that VCL protocols aren't in the public domain but do you know if anyone has managed to control one of these domes from a PC?

Thanks again

Tony

:unsure: You are pluggin the dome into the housing?

I don't have the ceiling hanger/rose/terminal block/whatever the camera hung from but I do have the housing - it's dismantled so I can see the boards, camera, etc whilst sorting out the connections.

• 6 months later...

Hello I have a card VC430V4, that it can help me to form it, direction, control of movement, speed I try it to form for control through Protocol RS485 or Pelco D

Appreciating its Attention

Hi all

This is my first post - and a question: I have acquired a fairly old VCL dome (date code 0285). Obvious markings are the numbers VC430V4 printed on the larger of the two circuit boards & VC431 on the smaller board. There are no DIP switches but there is a slide switch on the camera module circuit board marked INT-OFF-EXT. A ferrite transformer on the larger circuit board is labelled COAX/LL.

More important than identifying the type is the need to identify the wiring to the dome: the dome module itself has male DIN? connector; this plugs into a female that is concentric with an alloy tube that attaches to the module via a bayonet. The other end of the alloy tube has a female DIN socket. The dome came with a plug to fit this that has the following wires attached:

- a slim coax (obviously video & perhaps data)

- five single wires: red, black, blue, yellow and green

If you can help I need to identify the wires (especially those that supply power), the power supply voltage, and whether it's an AC or DC supply.

This is for hobby use / curiosity only.

Thanks in advance.

Archived