Security Installer Community

Veritas 8 Going Off Unset

Hi

We've got a Veritas 8 alarm and last night it went off while unset.

We have 4 zones protected by PIR. The kitchen (zone 3), dining room 2, hallway 1 and upstairs landing 4.

If we unset it and walk through zones 1,3 and 4 it's ok but if we walk through zone 2 it goes off. I've had to create a part set with all the zones removed so we can walk around the house. Its part set and i'm in zone 2 now and its fine.

Obviously we cant go on like this but before I call the installer I wondered if anyone else had had this kind of problem before or if anyone can point me to why it would happen.

I have had a look at the PIR and cant see anything out of the ordinary.

Any help much appreciated.

Dan

Hi ,

Has there been any changes to the wiring or the programming recently?.What , if anything is shown on the led readout when the alarm goes off?.

Regards.

Hi

Yes, I changed the part zones. Originally zone 3 (the kitchen) wasnt included but I've now changed the part zones to include it.

When the alarm goes off the zone 2 light comes on. Zone 2 was included before though so I cant understand why thats the one playing up. If anything i would expect it to be the one i recently included.

Hi

Yes, I changed the part zones. Originally zone 3 (the kitchen) wasnt included but I've now changed the part zones to include it.

When the alarm goes off the zone 2 light comes on. Zone 2 was included before though so I cant understand why thats the one playing up. If anything i would expect it to be the one i recently included.

Have you checked what zone 2 is currently defined as; could it be defined as a 24hr fire zone or panic alarm (if you can do that)? Have you tried reprogramming that zone to be certain?

Have you checked what zone 2 is currently defined as; could it be defined as a 24hr fire zone or panic alarm (if you can do that)? Have you tried reprogramming that zone to be certain?

I will try that but shouldnt it go off even if part set then?

Hi

So do you have access to the engineer code and engineer programming functions?

Sounds like z2 may be programmed as tamper or 24hr.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Good grief an amateur beating the pro's to a diagnosis! :P

Archived