Security Installer Community

Installers In North Wales - Part Ii

Thanks for the info

Even though my house is detached, the garage is in a terrace of 3 across the way linked to the other 2 houses about to be built next door. Maybe it's not impossible to run a cable as there is already mains running individually to each garage underground. I would hope that the builder thought about leaving a pull chord there for future reference, but....

My insurance company are not bothered whether I have an alarm or not, I'm not even sure they would make a note of it, and it certainly would not affect the premium.

The cheaper guys however did mention they were using grade 2 stuff.

I tried calling a few others but they haven't bothered getting back to me. I could ask again I suppose.

It looks like I need to get to the bottom of this '3 filter' thing. I know that the top half of Anglesey suffers from odd mains problems, especially when there are storms. hmmmm.

They both happen to be SSAIB, and one said that Radio stuff are not approved, in total contrast what the other installer said ???!?

i'll plod along

hi punce,

regarding the triple filter, and not to criticism another installers caution without knowing the reasons, i use the Gardtec equipment and have never ever used a filter one in over 20 years. maybe because I mainly work london and home counties. your local conditions it may be felt prudent by this installer, but i would not 'beat myself up' over it.

you need to clarify between the terms of 'dual element' pirs (which these days most cheaper one are), and dual tec detectors which are more expensive units as they are 2 detector technologies in the one housing, working in parallel both detectors have to be 'triggered' to give an alarm signal, so are more resilient against false alarms.

Many Radio detection systems made today including Gardtec are grade 2 approved, from what has been written i assume your home has been assessed as grade 2. if your not going for a maintenance contract, and your insurance do not insist then there is no need to worry about what grade your system conforms to.

i would say here i strongly advise you to always use your alarm system including part set when home. as if you are burgled and you have not set it, then the insurance company although not insisting on a system to be installed, may claim you have not taken all reasonable precautions available to protect your property. so something you might consider before discounting the maintenance contract with whoever installs your system in case a fault occurs.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks for the info

Even though my house is detached, the garage is in a terrace of 3 across the way linked to the other 2 houses about to be built next door. Maybe it's not impossible to run a cable as there is already mains running individually to each garage underground. I would hope that the builder thought about leaving a pull chord there for future reference, but....

My insurance company are not bothered whether I have an alarm or not, I'm not even sure they would make a note of it, and it certainly would not affect the premium.

The cheaper guys however did mention they were using grade 2 stuff.

I tried calling a few others but they haven't bothered getting back to me. I could ask again I suppose.

It looks like I need to get to the bottom of this '3 filter' thing. I know that the top half of Anglesey suffers from odd mains problems, especially when there are storms. hmmmm.

They both happen to be SSAIB, and one said that Radio stuff are not approved, in total contrast what the other installer said ???!?

i'll plod along

the install will be grade two with either company as you are after using radio

Archived