Security Installer Community

Cctv General

no there not! the corner shop isnt going to know the yob coming to do the till or they would be doing another shop

you should have one camera to take the ident shot as breff said better than knees to head then you cannot lose sight of the person at anytime until they leave the shop have a look next time you go to your local spar or natwest

problem is you probably need 6 cameras to cover the local corner shop when the owner rings up and says i want a camera please its an impossible sell thats why we only do cameras as a last resort for existing customers most of whom actually want a set of external sensors and a buzzer instead when its explained to them

this is all before you get into presenting the footage as evidence and the cps get their mitts on it

we have had digital footage that matched the custardy suite stills better then dna and they still woulnt prosecute

big shops with camera opertators remote viewing thats a different matter

oh yes they are....your local shop would'nt know the yob BUT local plod should.also once they catch the little scroat it is a known person....is it not???????...and i think i might know how spars cameras are set up seeing how i used to be on the install/design team and as i said before the contracts in the south east were sold on visual identification of a known person/persons

Guest anguscanplay

doesnt alter the fact that for identification purposes in law it must be 120% for stranger and 80% for member of staff a good percentage of the footage out their is not usable for identification

Image size adds to the the strength of the case.

The wheels of the criminal justice system are more like to creak around the less doubt there is regarding the confirmation that the suspect is the person in the image captured.

So the larger the image of the person the better (less doubt).

If the design of the system is for known person and the system achieves that, the system can be regarded as fit for purpose, although the image (size)may not prove beyond reasonable doubt the the suspect is the person captured in the image.

The end user may not appreciate this.

Having said that, retail crime is fairly low on the radar of the Police these days and is more likely to get screened out even if their name is tattooed on the forehead of the scroat and he is wearing a placard with his address on it!

Ilkie

By the way, do you know if some DVR with a network capability (IP) have a way to automatically synchronize time with a NTP server ?

(a NTP server is a server that is used to accuratly set the time of its clients, typically the NTP server itself has an atomic clock as a source; I can go into the details if someone is interested)

By the way, do you know if some DVR with a network capability (IP) have a way to automatically synchronize time with a NTP server ?

(a NTP server is a server that is used to accuratly set the time of its clients, typically the NTP server itself has an atomic clock as a source; I can go into the details if someone is interested)

Just look at windows XP in the time settings there is an option to do this, I use Dimension 4 if anybody want's to look at it.

BTW which DVR's do digital finger printing?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

• 10 months later...

Ilkie mentioned "weight of evidence" for an image.

I'd just like to further add on this note that a full audit trail for the recorded images will further add weight to the evidence.

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

Archived