Security Installer Community

Optima Compact G3 Schematics Wanted

Pinx

Hi,

does anyone know where i can locate Schematics for the Optima Compact G3 model 8EP396, i have googled it but only find online manuals and they don't have schematics in them. I have a control panel here for this model with a broken capacitor, looks to be the modern surface mount type, so i need to know what its values are, so i can replace it.

Any help really appreciated, thanx in advance...

Pinx

OOps ! :o didnt mean to do anything wrong... just the values for the capacitor would be fine :D

Pinx

Guest anguscanplay

ive posted on this subject before it is worth looking it up but for the price of a new panel its not worth repairing the old one

that capacitor blew for a reason how can you be sure the system is safe afterwards?

Hi,

the capacitor didn't blow, this is a new unit, but the pcb inside was not clipped in and somewhere in transit this capacitor has broken off. Had it actually blown, i am quite competant at component level and i would of tracked through the circuits looking for the offending component that had taken it out, in all my dealings with pcb circuits i have rarely seen blown caps, burnt resistors, blown apart transistors and triacs are the common ones.

If i can get the value for the cap, it will be only pence to source and a little of my time to solder it in, i'm guessing a new pcb is around the 20 quid mark ??? but that is a guess...

Thanx for the reply :D , i'll try looking at older threads..

Pinx

If i can get the value for the cap, it will be only pence to source and a little of my time to solder it in, i'm guessing a new pcb is around the 20 quid mark ??? but that is a guess...

That panel is not usually classed as professional by members here, so the information is unlikely to be "to hand".

Why not take a digital photo of the section of board, marking the component clearly, and email the manufacturers support dept. you might get lucky. :rolleyes:

Guest anguscanplay
Hi,

the capacitor didn't blow, this is a new unit, but the pcb inside was not clipped in and somewhere in transit this capacitor has broken off. Had it actually blown, i am quite competant at component level and i would of tracked through the circuits looking for the offending component that had taken it out, in all my dealings with pcb circuits i have rarely seen blown caps, burnt resistors, blown apart transistors and triacs are the common ones.

Thanx for the reply :D , i'll try looking at older threads..

Pinx

hi pinx sorry the first post was abrupt i needed to be somewhere else and hadnt read your hello statment obviously you will have some skill in this area

i myself would just return it as faulty from new to the wholesaler as your unlikely to get the value of the capacitor from a published source and if it did fault no doubt the warrenty would be invalid if it was self repaired

Hi,

no problem on the abrupt reply ;) had i actually bought this panel, i would of sent it straight back, but this is a favour for a mate and he's had it sat New in the box for about 2 years and never even taken it out Doh....

I've been an idiot and forgotten that i actually have a capacitance meter in the toolbox, so i can get an idea of the uf rating using that and if i take a good look at the circuit i'll be able to work out what voltage its running too...

Thanx for the replies, hopefully i'll get it sorted tomorrow.

Pinx

Archived