Security Installer Community

Optima Compact G3 Schematics Wanted

Pinx

Hi Pinx

I actually work for Honywell (Gent) in the R&D dept (Honeywell now own ADE)

If you let me know the component ID from the board or the component position I will let you know the value (not till monday til I get to the schematics though)

Dom

Hi Dom,

thats real kind of you, i have taken the unit apart today and on closer inspection of whats left of the component it looks like a SMT diode and not a capacitor, i have taken a pic and put it on some webspace here:

http://www.stickycarpet.com/pinx/oddsandends.html

Ignore the other stuff on the page, thats info for a mate.

If you can find me the value of the diode that would be great,

Thanx again,

Pinx

Hi Pinx

I fogot to ask...................is there a label with a 2434-xxx number on it?

Just so I know what varient schematic im looking for. The pcbs went through a few different issues

pretty sure its a pmll4148 diode though

Dom

Hi Dom,

it has a label on the processor on the pcb which says 2AI162 V2_1.HEX The pcb has screen printed on it 4269-469.03 which i'm guessing is the part number.

Thanks for finding out the component details, i owe you one, sadly the 4 different suppliers i use for components don't do that type, but i do keep in stock BZX79-C 5V6 which is the axial lead (through hole type) version, so maybe with a bit of inventive soldering and some heatshrink, i'll be able to solve the problem.

Thanx again for all your help :D

Pinx

Guest anguscanplay

hi again pinx have to admit you have got the skill but wouldnt it be mended now if you had just bought a new panel lol

do you do repairs for everyone ie could i send you something that would be obsolete but irreplacable in the future it might be handy to know you

angus

Hmmm normally i only repair Arcade stuff, but i suppose there is nothing to stop me looking at other stuff, it would just depend on what work load i had on at any one time and whether i had/could source the components for the repair.

If the event ever occurs, you can always ask and if i'm in a position to help i will.

Pinx

Thanx again for all your help Dom,

system is now installed and works a treat, so my mates chuffed (happy faces all round), the BZX79-C 5V6 zener i had worked perfect even though it was the axial lead type, so at 17 pence plus 5 minutes to solder it in, it was well worth having a go at it, i'm off down the pub now as he's taking me for a pint :cheersbeer.gif

Pinx

Archived