Security Installer Community

Locking My Engineer Code

martlewis

i do not know about this particular panel, i would imagine so , its a fairly modern panel (forgive if this is wronge)

but i ask myself, why do you want to lock in the engineers code.

i would simply change it from factory default and not tell anybody the code.

locking in the code may cause you problems later if you forget it and want to make changes, because it is locked in, the panel will not be able to be restored back to factory default.

if the engineer code is not locked in then the factory defaults can be restored at a later.

remember this is your panel and once the code has being changed off factory set, then only the person who knows the code can get back in to change the programming. :)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

I don't think you should be aloud to lock in the engineer code (except possibly on rented system ) as the panel is the customers property and at the end of the day if you don't look after him its your own fault he moves to another Installer .

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

Guest anguscanplay
I don't think you should be aloud to lock in the engineer code (except possibly on rented system ) as the panel is the customers property and at the end of the day if you don't look after him its your own fault he moves to another Installer .

been discussed to death so many times some do it many dont its up to the installer

Guest anguscanplay

it is possible some do it some dont but

this is the public forum so we are unable to tell you how to do it or how to get round a locked code sorry

Archived