Security Installer Community

help! please!

Guest mikeyb

Guest mikeyb

hi, i have a Scantronic 9200 series alarm installed at my home, however, when i went to arm it it was flashing Tamper and Zone 2, i have checked zone 2 (upstairs) and everything seems fine. can u please help? any hep would be greatly appreciated! mike

Whats connected to Zone2.

If you open the panel and put a link across a/t and close the panel, does the system now operate correctly. If it does you have a fault with the detection device or the cable connecting it to the panel.

Colin.

Guest mikeyb

ok they are all connected but it still does not work. everytime i go to arm the alarm the tamper flashes along with the Zone 2(flashing). im so confused! please please help! mike. Thanks

Guest mikeyb

a black and red wire is connected in the two terminals of zone 2 and it leads to another small circuit thing but it has a red light on wheres the other little circuit doenst. the pic is of the connections of A/T

post-9-1079888412.jpg

Guest mikeyb

a black and red wire is connected in the two terminals of zone 2 and it leads to another small circuit thing but it has a red light on wheres the other little circuit doenst. the pic is of the connections of A/T

post-9-1079888447_thumb.jpg

okay close the box and refit the cover screws.

try to set and unset the system

is the zone for a movement detector, a shock sensor or a door contact or something else

Guest mikeyb

it wont let me arm it, when i try the tamper and zone two lights flash but when i enter the code again it just goes back to normal with day and power lights on zone two is upstairs they are all shock sensors and a door sensor on front door

Is there a push button on the panel for resetting the shock sensors and is there a tamper circuit.

Post a picture of the circuit board the wiring goes into.

and one of the panel lights.

How did the fault show up?

Archived