Security Installer Community

VERITAS 8 ALARM SYSTEM

Guest Louisc

Guest Louisc

Dear All,

I have moved into a property with an old Veritas 8 alarm system installed. This worked in a satisfactory manner until recently.

The property had a wooden front door , which was recently replaced with a uPVC plastic door. During removal of the wooden door, the alarm was set off and the system was reset completely. However the original wiring to the front door is now "open", and the alarm does not work.

My questions are :

1. Can the front door part of the alarm system be disabled , but still allowing me to alarm the rest of the house when I go out.

2. Are there simple unobtrusive systems available for plastic doors (junction box, magnet (etc)) that can be used to simulate what was originally wired in if the answer to Q1 above, is no.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Louisc

Can the front door part of the alarm system be disabled , but still allowing me to alarm the rest of the house when I go out.
Yes but youll need to re-programme the panel as the front door was more than likely the E/E zone.
Are there simple unobtrusive systems available for plastic doors (junction box, magnet (etc)) that can be used to simulate what was originally wired in if the answer to Q1 above, is no.
Yes ..

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Thing is that the company that caused the alarm fault should foot the bill, so if i were you i`d have a word with the company manager and explain the situation.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived