Security Installer Community

Bell Box Advice Needed

steve

Hi my brother has just moved into a house that had an alarm fitted into it...............have carryed out a service based on your guidelines and have found that the back up battery in the panel needs replacing.............was going to do it anyway to be honest.........but I also discovered that when I crashed the panel to default the codes the outside bell did not go off...................it has flashing leds that work and it works when its in full alarm but it appears that the back up battery in the bellbox is also a dud.....................basically I need to know if I can just replace the battery in the bellbox or if I need to replace the entire bell box..............not sure of the make of the bell but i think its a vortex ..........can any one advise if i can just change the battery on this bell box............

Thanks in advance...........

Steve

ditto fastcar's response, also many have a link which needs to be connected.

we can't go any further on this as a forum, before we get into advice how to disable the siren, which obviously we can not do.

i suggest if your safe and competent with access equipment to inspect the unit, see if it has a name inside it and then from it's web site to get an installation leaflet.

alternativly contact several local installer's, get an estimate for a call out to correct or replace it before engaging them.

regs

alan

:closed:

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived