Security Installer Community

Flyer Design?

Anyone reccomend anywhere good to get some flyers designed? Did try a few local places near me but they wanted me to come in and speak to them about ideas etc. Ive got a hald designed on ive done myself just need a few finishing touches and stuff.

Havent got the time to be going in to town just for flyers, you would of thought these designer types would of heard of email :lol:

cheers all,

I used these guys for the printing http://www.azimuthprint.co.uk/ and the flyers arrived on my doorstep in 7 days from sending artwork.

I did my own artwork though and e-mailed it to them.

What format do you have the existing design in?

If it's something I could work with and you don't need much doing I could give it a go and send it back to you.

Chris,

Anyone reccomend anywhere good to get some flyers designed? Did try a few local places near me but they wanted me to come in and speak to them about ideas etc. Ive got a hald designed on ive done myself just need a few finishing touches and stuff.

Havent got the time to be going in to town just for flyers, you would of thought these designer types would of heard of email :lol:

cheers all,

Depends on what response you want/expect to achieve.

Think of it from your point of view......

Someone wants a fire system, but is not in the profession of designing and installing fire systems. They have an idea of what they may need, but want someone to finish it off for them (i.e. just comply with the regs)

They contact you.

Would you want to do it all by e-mail, or see the premises?

In my experience, with this sort of thing, if you have a VERY clear idea of what you want to achieve by the exercise and how you will measure success (and the time/resource to implement it), you CAN do most if not all of the work on your own.

If the above criteria does not fit, find the time to talk to the pros.........leaf from our own book kind of thing.

Otherwise be prepared to throw good money after bad.

This advice, purely in the spirit of help after making many, many mistakes (fruitless excercises) on my own.

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

btw, we use http://www.rustymonkey.com for all media related work.

They did the new website, and provided they know what you want to do, are more than capable of supplying.

Something I have learnt over the years though is that they really DO need to know what you want to achieve.

It needs to be a partnership approach if you use outside resource.

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

• 1 month later...

I know what you mean but getting finishing touches done is nothing like desiging a fire alarm.

Found a local company that have sorted it all now and let me do it all by email and phone untill they had a printed proof :D I bascially sent them a 90% finished flyer then told them to make it look professionaly deisgned, you know the little touches that finish it off.

Really happy got it designed for

• 2 months later...
I know what you mean but getting finishing touches done is nothing like desiging a fire alarm.

Found a local company that have sorted it all now and let me do it all by email and phone untill they had a printed proof :D I bascially sent them a 90% finished flyer then told them to make it look professionaly deisgned, you know the little touches that finish it off.

Really happy got it designed for

www.vistaprint.co.uk

do EVERYTHING possible to print on

Had some very nice glossy postcard flyers done, good response for very little money too

also have business cards done there

mostly free or low prices, but you have to pay a bundle for the delivery...

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

• 2 weeks later...
CFS - nice little website.

Did notice an out of date exit sign though next to the solista beacon - thats a 5499 sign and you need a 5266 sign (no writing)

cheers mate, forgot about that one whoops!! Quite please with the site myself but never get enough time to really sit down and finish it, got loads more i want to add but not enough hours in the day :)

Vista print i did have some business cards off them but i looked into flyers ect and it was really expensive if you had 100 or so you could do it on one of the deals they email through but i wanted more like 3K Local printers did me a good price after i beat them down a fair bit and still loads cheaper than vista.

Archived