Security Installer Community

Remote Keypad Probs Optima Sl8c

Hi all

Need some help tearing my hair out trying to work out how install a remote keypad to an optima (?) SL8C G3 panel - one with the built in keypad.

Got the user manual but it does not seem to be making sense !

Any pointers on how the extra remote should be wired \ programmed in - set a remote keyswitch ??

The alarm has only one zone set

Thanks

Richard

Hi all

Need some help tearing my hair out trying to work out how install a remote keypad to an optima (?) SL8C G3 panel - one with the built in keypad.

Got the user manual but it does not seem to be making sense !

Any pointers on how the extra remote should be wired \ programmed in - set a remote keyswitch ??

The alarm has only one zone set

Thanks

Richard

I think you will need the engineering book unless the book you have is combined user/engineer.

A job for the local security company possibly? :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

No no section in manual - hence why unsure - but info on web says it can take up to 4 remote keypads !!

You can't have got the engineer book then? It would show you how to do this?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Yes you can connect a keypad to an optima G3 and compact.

If you have the built in RKP then on the circuit board in the top left hand corner is the RKP connections. It should not affect the panel at all when the RKP is connected. Still not sure what you are asking but there should be no problem with a RKP.

!

Guest anguscanplay

although not familiar with this particular panel i would recommend powering the system down before connection any keypad

then ensure the keypad tamper is set before powering back up MAINS FIRST then battery to prevent the system from crashing

Guest rjbsec
although not familiar with this particular panel i would recommend powering the system down before connection any keypad

then ensure the keypad tamper is set before powering back up MAINS FIRST then battery to prevent the system from crashing

post-775-1172874662.jpg

wot no mains warning?

Guest anguscanplay
post-775-1172874662.jpg

wot no mains warning?

sorry didnt have time im in the middle of painting juniors bedroom and the little b****r wants to go to bed soon

forgot someones post used to have a big red warning about it

internet arguments ---- priceless

Archived