Security Installer Community

Powermax + Piezo Siren

siqveland

Hi,

I hope this is not a silly question...

I am planning to connect 2 x 12v piezo sirens to the powermax+ control panel in parallel to the internal alarm loop.. is that ok??? or should I connect them in series??? or should I not connect 2 sirens at all??

thanks in advance for your help

Hi,

I am planning to connect 2 x 12v piezo sirens to the powermax+ control panel in parallel to the internal alarm loop.. is that ok??? or should I connect them in series??? or should I not connect 2 sirens at all??

hi siqveland,

you would connect them in parrelel, not series if they are true sirens, only internal speakers would go in serie's and external self activating sirens.

being piezo's devices they draw fairly low current, so no problem driving them from the external bell (SAB) output using + and - terminals.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi,

Check the loading of two sirens, see if the loading is greater then the output you plan to use in the panel.

You will need the instruction/engineer books to get this information.

Also check that the "internal alarm loop" is a powered supply type and not a speaker output, again check the books.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived