Security Installer Community

Gardtec 580

c4rson

Guest anguscanplay

battery mod here

changing the battery will involve removing the panel lid and there is high voltage inside so would always advise leaving to a competant person

i assume the system isnt on maintainance as most firms would cover this kind of thing it may be worth asking another firm to do the job and cover the system for the next year as well

having said that it is a straight foward repair but as you have said the system may activate just make sure you get a replacment battery of the same voltage and current should idealy be 12v 2.8amp

battery mod here

changing the battery will involve removing the panel lid and there is high voltage inside so would always advise leaving to a competant person

i assume the system isnt on maintainance as most firms would cover this kind of thing it may be worth asking another firm to do the job and cover the system for the next year as well

having said that it is a straight foward repair but as you have said the system may activate just make sure you get a replacment battery of the same voltage and current should idealy be 12v 2.8amp

Depends on the current drawn and it can take a 7AH battery.

cheers

Guest anguscanplay

take the old battery with you as can vary in size from 1.2 amps to 7 amps

ten points to the first provable picture of a 580 with a 7amp battery in it

Guest anguscanplay

stood up behind the pcb its probably on of ours

corrected should have said in first post to look at tha old battery first but not to go smaller than2.8amp

we always fit the bigest batt the panel can hold norm 7Ah (know with new EN that some will take 17AH that aside) is this a wast of a batt or good practice as not a lot in the price from 2.8 to 7.0AH and if saves one call out has been well worth it .

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

Guest anguscanplay

assuming(dangerous on this site) the op has a normal domestic setup and really that is all i would have used a 580 for

work it out ( please correct my maths)

panel 85ma

bell 30ma

7xpir 80ma

usual iunactivated current drain 195ma divided into 2800 equals 14.3 hours standby alarm current drain 680ma for twenty minutes equals over twelve hours old bs calculation

just cause it fits dont make it the best option

panel would just be charging the battery for harder and longer than neccesary

assuming(dangerous on this site) the op has a normal domestic setup and really that is all i would have used a 580 for

work it out ( please correct my maths)

panel 85ma

bell 30ma

7xpir 80ma

usual iunactivated current drain 195ma divided into 2800 equals 14.3 hours standby alarm current drain 680ma for twenty minutes equals over twelve hours old bs calculation

just cause it fits dont make it the best option

panel would just be charging the battery for harder and longer than neccesary

Thats low for pir`s what you use>?

How about a 2nd RKP as well as the on board, a better bell that you are suggesting and 2 x internal sounders.

cheers

Guest anguscanplay
Thats low for pir`s what you use>?

How about a 2nd RKP as well as the on board, a better bell that you are suggesting and 2 x internal sounders.

cheers

thats why i asked but staying old school for a moment say a racall appolo only drew 8ma or a optex rx is less than 10ma

if the install had that much gear we would have gone for a 800 series as a different customer really

what i was trying to say to the op was dont just buy the cheap one there really is a minimum size needed

Archived