Security Installer Community

Guardtec 800

Guest BlindTrust

Guest BlindTrust

I have just had one of these installed in my house but the company has not left the install manual. I also have an ACE KP but they did not leave the key fob!!!!

First time I have experienced this. In my last two houses I have had Texacom and ADE installed and the install manuals have been left behind.

My point here is I like to have the chime on for the external doors. It appears this cannot be set from the user side (the only option is turn chime on/off but not set for a particular zone).

Anyone got the install manual for a Gardtec 800!!!

Contact the installation company. Nobody here will give out installation or the system manuals for control panels. The companies don't like it!

Did you request ACE keyfobs or have you just seen the ACE logo on the keypad and assumed you get them?

Guest Peter James

All late Gartec panels come with ACE rkp but not always with an ACE.

You may not need one if your system is not monitored your definately better off without one.

Installation manuals should not be given to end users, only user manuals (thats why they make two).

For legal and other reasons this forum does not issue instalation manuals.

You should contact your installer who I am sure would be happy to help.

Pete :)

Guest BlindTrust

I ordered two key fobs.

Why am I better off without them Pete?

Also as I cannot select the zones I want to chime I will have to have the installer back to change this setting and be charged for it.

Thats not right!!!

If you ordered 2 key fobs and havent received them you have a legitimate gripe with your installer so i dont see why you will be charged for that, (unless you havent paid for them). Why dont you get him back to provide the fobs and programme them up for you?

While your installer is there ask him to set up the chime for you. Personally i wouldnt charge to do that if i was already there doing something else, but thats just me!

Also ask your installer for the installation manuals, he can then inform you why he didnt leave them in the first place!

I suspect the answer will be along the lines of the warranty you would expect the installer to provide and you possibly altering settings that could cause the system to not operate correctly. Should you alter any settings i would expect your warranty would become invalid!

Anyway i doubt that your going to know the ENGINEERS CODE to be able to enter ENGINEER MODE!

By the way when you bought your washing machine, were you given the engineering manual also? No i dont think you would have been as it wouldnt have been right!

Guest BlindTrust

OK I get the message on the install manual. I was just saying that this is the first time I have not been left an install manual and so for me it is an exception to what I am used to.

I will get on to the installer for my fobs and Pete my keys are always kept separate from everyting else just for the reason mentioned (missus does the same).

I am gonna miss been able to programme the chime as it was also useful for tracking the movement of my children through the house (sad as that sounds). I wish my installer told me I could not programme that option.

Archived