Security Installer Community

Computer Getting More And More Sluggish...

Rob

Can anyone offer any advice on how I can over come my pc problems? Had my current computer a few years now. Its great but over the last 4 months or so its getting slower and slower and even starting to freeze up.

Can anyone talk me through what I could do to get rid of any junk files to make things run more smoothly? Someone mentioned Defragging to me??? Which I admit ive never in all this time ever done, so how?

Appreciate any help fella's.

:unsure:

Trade Member

Can anyone offer any advice on how I can over come my pc problems? Had my current computer a few years now. Its great but over the last 4 months or so its getting slower and slower and even starting to freeze up.

Can anyone talk me through what I could do to get rid of any junk files to make things run more smoothly? Someone mentioned Defragging to me??? Which I admit ive never in all this time ever done, so how?

file cleaner use that link for starters.

A defrag is easy enough, best way is to use your help files to see an example of how to do it. Or go Start all programmes, system tools disk defrag.

doing both of the above should see a vast improvement.

cheers

file cleaner use that link for starters.

A defrag is easy enough, best way is to use your help files to see an example of how to do it. Or go Start all programmes, system tools disk defrag.

doing both of the above should see a vast improvement.

cheers

cheers pal. Is File Cleaner free to download and use?

With regards defrag, how long does it usually take to do?

Trade Member

Just ran a demo of Clean up and its freed up 2.9GB of temporary files and cookies etc.

Just gonna skim through to ensure nothing importants in there before running the real thing.

No wonder things were going tits up !

Trade Member

Archived