Security Installer Community

Bell Box

rosco

Guys, I'm trying to get hold of a bell box that has a bell rather than a siren. Before you say it yes i know they are well old and i may struggle but it's just my preference. Nowadays all the sirens sound similar my neighbours think it's another car alarm going off.

Any help would be appreciated :rolleyes:

Guys, I'm trying to get hold of a bell box that has a bell rather than a siren. Before you say it yes i know they are well old and i may struggle but it's just my preference. Nowadays all the sirens sound similar my neighbours think it's another car alarm going off.

Any help would be appreciated :rolleyes:

The eurobell is a good one, but the only place I can think of that might have one is KJ Bentley.

The eurobell is a good one, but the only place I can think of that might have one is KJ Bentley.

cheers. Who's KJ Bentley. Not heard of Eurobell before. I know alot of old bells were just a box and for eg a friedland master bell fitted inside and a seperate SAB. There were some other which where all self contained and had built in bell, SAB and strobe. Any ideas where i could land one? cheers

Guest anguscanplay

master blaster is very distinctive but sounds like the local chemical works is about to blow

if trade try risco used to have a large housing to fit a bell

master blaster is very distinctive but sounds like the local chemical works is about to blow

if trade try risco used to have a large housing to fit a bell

and they do an sab board with nicade, have to say though more chance of jamming than a siren, and can run out of adjustment. is why a lot of companie's moved away fron 'ringers'.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

and they do an sab board with nicade, have to say though more chance of jamming than a siren, and can run out of adjustment. is why a lot of companie's moved away fron 'ringers'.

regs

alan

I would be very wary about using a bell, I understand about the distinctive sound, but they are VERY easy to jam, expanding foam works a treat, We have had an electronic sounder absolutley packed with foam and ripped from the wall.

So much foam, we couldn't get the cover off.

Still working, lying on the ground where "Billy Burglar" dropped it, an hour later

Some electronic units have a pot for pitch, the gardtec or Risco as they are now called have a " 4Q! and that definitley has a pot to alter the pitch.

And you can tell them apart! although the strobe ought to give you a clue which one is going off.

I would be very wary about using a bell, I understand about the distinctive sound, but they are VERY easy to jam, expanding foam works a treat, We have had an electronic sounder absolutley packed with foam and ripped from the wall.

So much foam, we couldn't get the cover off.

Still working, lying on the ground where "Billy Burglar" dropped it, an hour later

Some electronic units have a pot for pitch, the gardtec or Risco as they are now called have a " 4Q! and that definitley has a pot to alter the pitch.

And you can tell them apart! although the strobe ought to give you a clue which one is going off.

I have to agree with the bell and the foam....used to happen quite a bit some years ago

Another siren(if you are trade) is the aritech (ge) siren that has a very distinctive pitch...it can be heard up to a mile away in a populated area and it is still legal with the decibell ratings :new_multi:

The main reason for moving away from clangers was probably safety. If you drop the a flashguard on someone, they'll get angry with you. If you drop a eurobell on someone, they'll be dead.

Took down a euro bell last week, usual stuff disconnected it, chucked it down, damaged pathway............oops.............lucky the whole garden is being redesigned.

cheers

Archived