Security Installer Community

Problems Installing Securit 800l

frits

Hi there,

At first i want to excuse myself because my english is not that good, sorry i'm from holland and don't use my english very often.

I've got some problems installing my new securit 800L alarm system. I installed the alarm just like they say in the installing guide but now when i want to secure my house it just continue bleeping and wont jump on sharp. But everything seems allright.. When i open the front door the display shows that directly and i'm pretty sure that everthing is installed the right way. I almost start to think that the alarm system is broken..

Does anyone know what the problem must be?

Grtz,

Frits

Guest Alarm Guard

As your English is not good I will use short words.

I can not tell what is wrong.

I think the best way to find what is wrong would be to take out the wires to each zone in the control box and put in a link for each of them, and then see if it works. If it does you will know the control is good.

You can then wire each zone back in, one at a time. If there is a fault on a zone you will find out by doing this.

I hope this helps

Paul

I think the best way to find what is wrong would be to take out the wires to each zone in the control box and put in a link for each of them, and then see if it works. If it does you will know the control is good.

You can then wire each zone back in, one at a time. If there is a fault on a zone you will find out by doing this.

I hope this helps

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the quick answer you gave me.

The way you describe to find out what's wrong i already did a few times but everything seems to be ok. I took out the wires to each zone in the control box and linked them, then i wired each zone back in one at a time but no faults on any zone.

The alarm system continue bleeping when i want to set it sharp (factory install is 30 seconds) but i can wait an half an hour and the alarm is still bleeping. While the alarm is bleeping to set it sharp and i open the front door or the window in the kitchen for example the display will tell me that those zones are open.

I just don't get it. Can it be the control box is broken? And how can i check that out?

Grtz,

Frits

Hi

Have you done a "RESET" , that is put your code in and press the star * button.

you should then hear a two tone noise to indicate reset ok.

set your alarm as normal and all should be ok.

ps if i could speak a second language as good as you i would be well pleased :) - i hane to depend upon a translation program when i go on foreign sites

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Hi

Have you done a "RESET" , that is put your code in and press the star * button.

you should then hear a two tone noise to indicate reset ok.

set your alarm as normal and all should be ok.

ps if i could speak a second language as good as you i would be well pleased :) - i hane to depend upon a translation program when i go on foreign sites

paul

Hi Paul,

The options you name i tried allready and unfortunately i've still got the same problems with the alarm system.

PS

I can speak and write three differend kind of languages but i don't use it verry often and so i'm afraid that i'll make some mistakes, that's the reason i excused myself in my first post :) And with some words that i can't remember in an foreign language i'll use an translation program also ;)

Thanks for the information.

Grtz,

Frits

Hi , have you got it programmed for "final door set" ? it may need to see the door open then close before it sets.

Also , have you removed the programming link ?.

Regards.

Hi,

These options i also tried before. I programmed for "final door set" and i have removed the program link.

So because i went crazy on the alarm system i contacted honeywell for some information. They said it must work the way i installed the alarm system, so the man i spoke with on the phone was so kind to call over an mechanic to see if he could find some time to drop by and see what's wrong :)

So i want to thank you all to be so kind to try to help me out :) I'll let you know what the problem was.

Grtz,

Frits

You are welcome.

My next advice was to get a experienced engineer to look at it.

It is probably something really easy but trying to diagnose remotely is hard to do.

Hope you get it sorted.

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

• 1 month later...
Hi Paul,

The options you name i tried allready and unfortunately i've still got the same problems with the alarm system.

PS

I can speak and write three differend kind of languages but i don't use it verry often and so i'm afraid that i'll make some mistakes, that's the reason i excused myself in my first post :) And with some words that i can't remember in an foreign language i'll use an translation program also ;)

Thanks for the information.

Grtz,

Frits

Hi,

These options i also tried before. I programmed for "final door set" and i have removed the program link.

So because i went crazy on the alarm system i contacted honeywell for some information. They said it must work the way i installed the alarm system, so the man i spoke with on the phone was so kind to call over an mechanic to see if he could find some time to drop by and see what's wrong :)

So i want to thank you all to be so kind to try to help me out :) I'll let you know what the problem was.

Grtz,

Frits

Hi Frits

Did you get to see an engineer? Your problem sounds very similar to mine. The unit walk tests OK, goes through the test sequence OK, but just continually beeps when I enter the user code. Before the alarm set period ends, all activated zone leds operate & if one is activated while the period is ending it locks on - but no sounder.

The panel recognises the engineer code but doesn't always give the expected response - it goes through the engineer test options (6), but doesn't set the alarm or restore programming defaults (perhaps they haven't changed?).

The 24 hr tamper ring seems OK; if I open the box & buzz it out it's o/c until I press the tamper spring switch. I'm not sure about the bell box tamper though. It seems to be always 0V - if I disco the wire, both the wire & panel terminal stay @ 0V.

Any help much appreciated, as I've been on this forever (mostly because of the bell box battery link-screw-the-cover-on-before-you-go-deaf scenario! I couldn't believe this was normal!!!).

cheers

Hi Frits

Did you get to see an engineer? Your problem sounds very similar to mine. The unit walk tests OK, goes through the test sequence OK, but just continually beeps when I enter the user code. Before the alarm set period ends, all activated zone leds operate & if one is activated while the period is ending it locks on - but no sounder.

The panel recognises the engineer code but doesn't always give the expected response - it goes through the engineer test options (6), but doesn't set the alarm or restore programming defaults (perhaps they haven't changed?).

The 24 hr tamper ring seems OK; if I open the box & buzz it out it's o/c until I press the tamper spring switch. I'm not sure about the bell box tamper though. It seems to be always 0V - if I disco the wire, both the wire & panel terminal stay @ 0V.

Any help much appreciated, as I've been on this forever (mostly because of the bell box battery link-screw-the-cover-on-before-you-go-deaf scenario! I couldn't believe this was normal!!!).

cheers

I would strongly reccomend (to both of you)that you get a experienced alarm engineer in to fix your faults.

Please remember there is dangerous (240v) mains voltages inside that box, as engineers we are trained and competent to be fidling about in there. get the job done right - its money well spent.

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

Guest anguscanplay
Hi Frits

cheers

hi mavis i can see this is your first post on the forum and i ddint want to be too negative ( pun intended )

but reading your test procedure it does sound as if you are out of your depth on this one i would repeat black nights advise and get a proffesional in to set up the system for you - it will be connected programmed and commisioned and you will know it works

take care on those ladders

angus

Archived