Security Installer Community

Problems Installing Securit 800l

frits

hi mavis i can see this is your first post on the forum and i ddint want to be too negative ( pun intended )

but reading your test procedure it does sound as if you are out of your depth on this one i would repeat black nights advise and get a proffesional in to set up the system for you - it will be connected programmed and commisioned and you will know it works

take care on those ladders

angus

Thank you for your kind reply. I would be interested to know what would have been a viable test/fault find procedure to have followed. I'm afraid I found the installation instructions vague or misleading on many points (order of wiring completion, engineering code, tone alert recognition, normal keypad led conditions etc. etc. - best of all was the failure to mention the fact that the sounder would be going off 30cms. from your ear until the covers were screwed on). Also a circuit diagram would have helped. Bear in mind this is sold as a DIY package.

Mavis

Thank you for your kind reply. I would be interested to know what would have been a viable test/fault find procedure to have followed. I'm afraid I found the installation instructions vague or misleading on many points (order of wiring completion, engineering code, tone alert recognition, normal keypad led conditions etc. etc. - best of all was the failure to mention the fact that the sounder would be going off 30cms. from your ear until the covers were screwed on). Also a circuit diagram would have helped. Bear in mind this is sold as a DIY package.

Mavis

It may be a DIY package (and i would dispute that) but that is if you have some experience and are electrically competent.

Unfornately I/we do not know your background or your experience level. If you are an electrician then there are the usual electrical tests (with an alarm bias) that you can do so if you are you will know what they are.

I have been doing this job (service engineer) for 20+ years now and as such have picked up various 'diagnostic tricks' along the way as have i am sure have my colleagues on here.

We can give some help to you but i would say you need some more in depth help and for that you will need to get a local engineer in to do that for you.

Now if you in the trade yourself then that is a different matter - if you want guidance more than help we can supply that.

Please don

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Archived