Security Installer Community

Texecom Verita R8

andyjacklin

My last question (fingers crossed) I have installed all of my Veritas R8 alarm system apart from the external bell box. Will the alarm function correctly without this as I have an internal sounder & wanted to make sure the PIR's were deffinately pet imune before annoying all the neighbours? This is the easiest way I can think of checking it as it obviously needs to be set (I can't ask the cats to do a walk test for me!) and it'll probably be a little while until I get round to fitting the external bell anyway.

cheers

yes but leave the little link in, so as not to create a tamper. :whistle:

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

• 1 month later...
Guest anguscanplay

i would be more tempted to programme a very short bell ring time and no rearm for the activated zone just in case there is a break in

My last question (fingers crossed) I have installed all of my Veritas R8 alarm system apart from the external bell box. Will the alarm function correctly without this as I have an internal sounder & wanted to make sure the PIR's were deffinately pet imune before annoying all the neighbours? This is the easiest way I can think of checking it as it obviously needs to be set (I can't ask the cats to do a walk test for me!) and it'll probably be a little while until I get round to fitting the external bell anyway.

cheers

As it was said before the panel will work fine if tamper link is fitted in panel...i would deffo fit external bell a.s.a.p as just seeing it is a deterrant and it may mean your neighbourhood burglar goes on next door/street :eekout::eekout:

Archived