Security Installer Community

Help - Accenta G3- It Has Gone Dead

begineer

Hi all,

I am a begineer with this forum and would like to seek for advice from you guys on my problematic system. It has been working perfectly OK until recently, it set off on its own without the system beeing in activation. i.e. people are at home so the system is off. It is strange because it is off and nothing can trigger it to go off and it has happened a few times. Then this morning I found it completely dead, apart from those number keys light are still on, there is no light whatsoever for the rest of the control panel, no noise/chime at all when opening and closing doors.

I have checked the fuse box and there is nothing wrong with it. The external main power box in my garage still have the red light on without any problem. BUT the alram box attached to my building has a green light flashing, does it mean anything?

I am very puzzled now, can anyone help. :unsure:

Thanks a lot

i would say hat there is a fault with the tamper circuit (panel, sounder or sensors) that is causing your false activation problem. The fact that its now dies would indicated it has a battery issue, but there is more to this fault than just a battery

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i would say hat there is a fault with the tamper circuit (panel, sounder or sensors) that is causing your false activation problem. The fact that its now dies would indicated it has a battery issue, but there is more to this fault than just a battery

Thanks a lot..... But cannot understand why people saying battery dead is affecting my system, it still has the main power going in there, is that battery only works when the main is off, so how can it be affecting the alarm? please explain....many thanks.

if your battery is poor (how old is the system and the battery and when was it last serviced BTW?) and you have tiny mains outages (uk mains power is not perfect) then in those instances the battery will takeover. If your battery is shot, it cannot and your panel may crash

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

ADE panels lock up when the battery has had it, its just the way they are.

As for your other problem as james says tamper, possibly bell, but could be anywhere.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Guest anguscanplay

standard question asked to all fault customers

have you had anyone working in the house lately ie past 3 weeks joiners plumbers carpet fitters

could be a fault on a cable that has now blown an internal fuse i wouldnt recommend trying to fix this on youre own

callout a local engineer and remember to offer him/her a cup of tea as soon as they walkin the door milk no sugar

Archived