Security Installer Community

Panic Button

andyjacklin

I am currently installing a Veritas R8 alarm system and so far all is going to plan, I have installed the door contacts, PIR's and internal sounder then when it came to the panic button there was no wiring diagram and I am unsure which terminals are for what? The are 6 contacts inside the button...any suggestions anyone? Don't know how else to describe it othe than it is the latching option thus needs a key to reset.

You will see a glass tube with a connection either end, the zone cabling goes on each of these terminals, for the tamper cables twist them together and use any other terminal.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

You will see a glass tube with a connection either end, the zone cabling goes on each of these terminals, for the tamper cables twist them together and use any other terminal.

cheers, as I am using 6core cable would you suggest I use my 2 zone cores, 2 for the tamper and just ignore the other 2 then?

cheers, as I am using 6core cable would you suggest I use my 2 zone cores, 2 for the panic and just ignore the other 2 then?

Yes, but don't cut them off, leave them safely trimmed in the button for possible future use.

Archived